Lion Head Mesa eightieth
Akashingo
Pharaoh*
immortal longings
658 Posts
Ooc — anon
it was pride that shone through Toula's gaze as she regarded the Nebet, who was, as Toula saw her then, all Akashingo. her wit, her cleverness, revealed to all so that none could think otherwise. Pharaoh herself had granted her the time to search, and the choice. it was a blessing few others would be afforded—her own children among them. but, Toula was curious to witness the results of permitting this for the girl. 
to see if indeed it could bring some greater glory. Toula believed in the Nebet, and she placed a gentle paw upon her husbands own, looking to him with an abundance of love in her gemstone gaze. Toula trusted her choice in him, and had been given the ability to decide. I have seen how one choice can bring glory and greatness to a kingdom. today, I reaffirm that I give you some of this power. as Akashingo has trusted me, I trust you. understand the weight of this, Toula expressed, now looking to the Nebet, for picking the wrong match for yourself will effect all Nebet seeking to wed, with the hope to choose for themselves. 
it would no longer be done, if no advantage could be found. that was the great responsibility of a lord, and a lady: to marry for Kingdom, for country, for the betterment of their family and its own position. the right choice could make eventual Queen's and King's out of them, and what a privilege that would be to have that within their family line! 
Toula considered, then, her position on Zharille. and it was not that Toula did not see merit in her blood nor people—from them, Toula had acquired two of the most precious things to her. indeed, she saw not what could be possible, but what was. Toula first answered that with, know that I understand it's worth. it is why I wish for it to be remade—I know what brilliance can come from it. I look upon such now, an earnest smile, then, for Racharra, her Nebet, she must understand some aspect of diplomacy, given what she has spoken to our Erpa-Ha—but this much... we need not decide here and now. I will think on your words, and the severity of them only furthered Toula's belief that in the girls blood now was the redsands of Akashingo. surely Senmut and Rashepses heard it, too! she fell quiet only to allow for the voice of her husband or the Prince to share their thoughts on the matter, if there were any more to be said today. and after that, 
go now, prepare for your journey. you will not go alone, and you have some time yet before your departure—but there are lessons you must first attend before your going, she advised. she raised a paw toward the Erpa-Ha, a clear indicator that he should remain once Racharra had gone.
Messages In This Thread
eightieth - by Senmut - March 31, 2024, 07:30 AM
RE: eightieth - by Toula - March 31, 2024, 08:04 AM
RE: eightieth - by Rashepses - March 31, 2024, 11:59 AM
RE: eightieth - by Racharra - March 31, 2024, 12:15 PM
RE: eightieth - by Senmut - March 31, 2024, 01:00 PM
RE: eightieth - by Toula - April 01, 2024, 09:56 AM
RE: eightieth - by Rashepses - April 01, 2024, 12:26 PM
RE: eightieth - by Racharra - April 01, 2024, 12:36 PM
RE: eightieth - by Senmut - April 01, 2024, 03:00 PM
RE: eightieth - by Toula - April 03, 2024, 03:31 PM
RE: eightieth - by Rashepses - April 05, 2024, 12:50 PM