Hushed Willows But damn girl, since you've come around
Pledged
Party City
1,545 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Away

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Mild eye gore description
But she'd never wanted to see him sink. Reverie wasn't watching him when he took the herbs, but she knew by the scent of them filling the air — an improvement from his soured breath. She hadn't minded it, really; she'd trained as a healer from the moment she was old enough to understand the purpose of herbs, and was long used to it by now. She was just pleased he was making some attempt to feel better.

Hushed Willows had never been meant as a place of suffering. Not like the marsh where Moss had died. Reverie's gaze darkened with the grief of both old and new tragedies as Akavir went on. It wasn't as puzzling to her that Mae had tried to hide her wounds from him. She'd been reluctant even to speak of them with Reverie.

What caught her attention was the tone she recognized from so long ago, the look in Akavir's pale eyes. She was reminded of the hunt for the witch. And Reverie, too, wished to see the assailant dead — preferably with his eyes strewn out for the scavengers beforehand — but she also felt she knew the look of a man in a spiral. If Akavir set out to kill the beast who had hurt Mae, Reverie had no doubt that he would do so. He was more than capable. But it wouldn't be worth it if Mae lost her father in the process.

She doesn't want us to worry about her, She murmured, still not looking at Akavir. She told me you saved her life. She also asked me to drug your food so you'd get some sleep. I told her I'd just talk to you. A faint half-smile flitted over her features as she said it.

Her expression turned somber again quickly, a sharp glint in her eyes for a moment as she added, glancing at Akavir from the side now, If you find him - I want to know. We only have a couple guardians, but I'd like to send them with you, It was an unspoken truth, she felt, that the man should die. But... until then, Mae is going to need you. Someone should be with her all the time until she relearns... well, everything. She's so stubborn - I'm afraid she'll hurt herself.

Then she sought his eyes more fully again. It's hard to say if looking at it sooner would have helped anything. The... the damage is... extensive. But I know you do need to rest, as much as she does. Were you hurt? Reverie glanced over him as she said it, but remained carefully outside of his personal space until invited.
Messages In This Thread
But damn girl, since you've come around - by Reverie - April 19, 2024, 02:13 PM
RE: But damn girl, since you've come around - by Akavir - April 19, 2024, 02:30 PM
RE: But damn girl, since you've come around - by Akavir - April 19, 2024, 08:08 PM
RE: But damn girl, since you've come around - by Akavir - April 20, 2024, 09:14 AM
RE: But damn girl, since you've come around - by Akavir - April 20, 2024, 03:19 PM
RE: But damn girl, since you've come around - by Akavir - April 20, 2024, 05:27 PM
RE: But damn girl, since you've come around - by Akavir - April 23, 2024, 10:22 AM
RE: But damn girl, since you've come around - by Akavir - April 23, 2024, 02:00 PM
RE: But damn girl, since you've come around - by Reverie - April 23, 2024, 03:29 PM
RE: But damn girl, since you've come around - by Akavir - April 24, 2024, 07:39 AM
RE: But damn girl, since you've come around - by Akavir - April 24, 2024, 08:13 AM