The Bracken Woods we were diamonds, now we’re dust
Dragonspine
Alpha Female*
923 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker

Some deer had forged a trail through the underbrush, which Masque discovered and began to follow. The scents were old, though she continued wending along it for a while. It carried her roughly eastward, sometimes curving a little south only to double back. The forest grew darker around her, the trees growing more closely together the further she ventured.

She hit the point where she knew she needed to turn around, lest she expend too much energy and wander too far from home. It was still a little strange to think of Nova Peak that way—Masque still ached not only for Redtail Rise but now Shadewood as well—but it had a lot more to do with Riley than any particular location. He was home.

Abruptly, she found herself face to face with Mulherin. She jolted in surprise at finding him here again. What were the odds? She corrected herself mentally: he had found her. But what did semantics matter? Masquerade’s lips parted on a small gasp. Before she could doubt herself or worry about how she might be received, she ran toward him.

Her body dipped low in apology as she neared him, little whimpers of joy escaping her. She rushed right up to him, then hesitated to touch him, no matter how badly Masquerade wanted to grab him into a hug. Mulherin might not want that. He might not want anything to do with her at all. But he was here. He had found her. That had to mean something.

Feeling the pressing need to speak first, Masque whined, I’m so sorry, Mul. I’m sorry I left without saying anything.
MATURE CONTENT WARNING: Graphic violence is a common theme in this character's threads. Reader discretion is advised.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
we were diamonds, now we’re dust - by Raider - April 26, 2024, 11:31 AM
RE: we were diamonds, now we’re dust - by Mulherin - April 26, 2024, 08:21 PM
RE: we were diamonds, now we’re dust - by Raider - April 28, 2024, 01:34 PM
RE: we were diamonds, now we’re dust - by Mulherin - May 06, 2024, 05:59 PM
RE: we were diamonds, now we’re dust - by Raider - May 06, 2024, 07:06 PM
RE: we were diamonds, now we’re dust - by Mulherin - May 06, 2024, 08:30 PM
RE: we were diamonds, now we’re dust - by Raider - May 06, 2024, 09:04 PM
RE: we were diamonds, now we’re dust - by Mulherin - May 07, 2024, 05:31 PM
RE: we were diamonds, now we’re dust - by Raider - May 07, 2024, 07:19 PM
RE: we were diamonds, now we’re dust - by Mulherin - May 29, 2024, 12:23 AM
RE: we were diamonds, now we’re dust - by Raider - May 29, 2024, 03:09 PM