Qeya River dance the ghost with me
Qeya River
Prima*
always an angel, never a god
405 Posts
Ooc — Twin
go to hell.
his voice hit her eardrums like crackling thunder, wavering every which way and tearing slices into her raw, reddened skin. he swore. he swung at whatever he could reach.
but he wasn't wrong.
where he burned and flickered with tantalizing embers, wren was an immovable glacier; her face woven into an expression of silent, freezing anger. you wanna know why i really didn't come back? because i knew this would happen.
a breath sits heavy in her throat before she forces it out in a long exhale. i ran and avoided you because i felt guilty. i still do. every fuckin' day of my life while i was in riverclan i-- she shakes her head, moving away. but y'know what? it's no fuckin' use, because nothin' i say will ever be good enough for you. i'm a coward! there, is that what you wanna hear? that i'm weak? selfish? that i'm the bad guy here?
it was never you! it was always me! you think everything was rosy in riverclan? because it wasn't! ash star hates my guts for-- i don't even know what. i wanted one fuckin' place i could go where i wasn't looked at with so much disdain and resentment. where i wasn't the resident fuck-up. but apparently i can't have that!
choking, she clears her throat. i fucked up. i know i did. and i'm sorry, okay, akavir? i am. but what is saying sorry ever gonna do? no one listens to me. no one ever fucking believes me. i'm always the villain. no one ever tries to think for a goddamn moment where i might be coming from, that maybe i'm not out to fuckin' get them or hurt anyone on purpose!
and then;
silver. are we not allowed to talk because you two are married?
she could have swung at him right then and there.
and what did you tell her, huh? that i'm crazy? that she should've chosen you? because i know you. you can't keep your fuckin' hands off of her. you sure as fuck didn't just talk, trembling, fiercely; because i know i'll never be enough for her either. i'm safe. i'm easy. i-- i'm afraid that she just settled for me. and i'm terrified every day that i'll wake up one morning, and she'll have taken our kids to go run off with you. so forgive me if i, her fuckin' wife, see you as a threat and would like to not have that happen.
now, she stands now, inching closer with heavy steps. is that enough honesty for you, akavir?
Messages In This Thread
dance the ghost with me - by Akavir - May 03, 2024, 03:18 PM
RE: dance the ghost with me - by Wren - May 03, 2024, 04:49 PM
RE: dance the ghost with me - by Akavir - May 03, 2024, 05:23 PM
RE: dance the ghost with me - by Wren - May 03, 2024, 05:42 PM
RE: dance the ghost with me - by Akavir - May 03, 2024, 06:23 PM
RE: dance the ghost with me - by Wren - May 03, 2024, 07:18 PM
RE: dance the ghost with me - by Silvertongue - May 04, 2024, 02:47 AM
RE: dance the ghost with me - by Akavir - May 06, 2024, 05:25 PM
RE: dance the ghost with me - by Wren - May 06, 2024, 05:56 PM
RE: dance the ghost with me - by Silvertongue - May 06, 2024, 06:07 PM
RE: dance the ghost with me - by Akavir - May 07, 2024, 06:09 AM