Sheepeater Cliff To gather, such curious things
Loner
44 Posts
Ooc — Nespario
My apologies for the delayed response, I've been ill and have been in particular looking forward to this thread! Thank you so much for your patience! Also, the edits are just minor spelling errors in the last paragraph. Hole -> Whole and a minor error regarding Cassian's third to last line of dialogue!

Alright, I’ll bite.

Well, that was sort of the plan, now wasn’t it? Cassian found Envy’s choice of words to be hysterical! Charming, even, in a certain regard. Why, they didn’t have to go out of their way to make true on their promise in the first place! All the golden wolf did for them was garner them a snack. A simple enough task at the end of the day even if it wasn’t for the nutritional benefit of his own self. If one were to ask Cassian why he was this way they would likely be met with a full on warm grin and a simple, carefree “I don’t know!” It was just the way the man was after having been jolted to this world.

”Haha, yeah, you sure will bite! Heh, ya know, you’re pretty alright, I think! Um, what’s an infection though? I’m not sure what that is. It sounds…awesome! Why would I not want one?”

They could take the time to answer if they so aspired to do just that in the future. Instead, for the meanwhile, Cassian’s attention was soon swiveled to Envy and their words. Words that led to beautifully tangible actions that in their own way were a hallmark of a budding artist. This one just so happened to aspire for more emotion in their pieces. Despair, agony, pain, and the simplistic beauty of fear incarnate. It was riveting, watching the cycle of life play itself out so freely.

There were people that would’ve been disgusted by this. Their maws would’ve shriveled in disgust, battle might’ve broken out from a visceral desire to defend the defenseless, and maybe even some chastising would be exchanged with utter disregard for Envy’s character. Cassian was no such being. No, this wolf was an entirely empty, blank canvas. He followed the whimsy of the world and was receptive to any brushstroke regardless of the artist’s intentions. Today, a new lesson was imparted onto Cassian. A remarkable one and one that would stay true to the man until the day he drew his last breath.

The world was cruel and it was breathtaking with how fair that cruelness could take form.

”Wow! Really?! It’s just that easy? Haha, you’re amazing, Envy! I wish I could do that! How’d you do that thing with your nose? Ooo, that was super, duper exciting! The ears are something I definitely want, even more so now that you’ve done a cool trick like that! I’ll get to tell everyone about this nice little piece and the story that came with it when they ask!"

Genuine amazement practically radiated from this wayward soul and in the epicenter of the man’s feelings he truly did feel indebted to her. When she paced a circle around, Cassian did not flinch. Instead, the wolf opted to make it easier for Envy, tilting his head backwards to grant them a better access point to fulfill his selfish, disgusting, horrid request. Something that a sane wolf would never aspire for. Scars, those of which could be avoided, seemed to be the most prized to Cassian Nevuma. The pain seared its rancid pathing through the wolf’s nervous system holistically. Yet, those very ears that were mutilated stayed incredibly still the entire time.

Cassian’s tail wagged, eagerly, despite being between Envy’s legs. For a split second, the wolf imagined himself as the fox. In a way, he truly was jealous of that furred maggot. They got to receive such an honor! Oh, the horror of being a wolf and not a skrunkly little guy! Peering back to Envy, red met with brown and a devout smile spread its haphazard way onto the man’s maw.

”Thank you! Ooo, it stings so much, but it feels GREAT! I can’t wait to take a look in a pond or a river and see your craftsmanship, Envy! Haha! So, now that that’s done…do ya think you’d be okay with the whole…fixing the infection thing? You sounded genuinely insightful about it! Maybe you could teach me? I could get you another treat! Ooo, ooo, ooo I could be super useful and maybe get you something a bit bigger this time! Aw, but then I would want you to teach me that neat trick you showed me…what if I caught two things?! Liiike…I dunno…some rabbits! Yeah! Big, fat, plump ones! What do you say to that?”
Messages In This Thread
To gather, such curious things - by Envy - April 16, 2024, 05:48 PM
RE: To gather, such curious things - by Cassian - April 20, 2024, 05:01 AM
RE: To gather, such curious things - by Envy - April 24, 2024, 12:59 PM
RE: To gather, such curious things - by Cassian - April 24, 2024, 05:23 PM
RE: To gather, such curious things - by Envy - May 03, 2024, 12:42 PM
RE: To gather, such curious things - by Cassian - May 05, 2024, 03:41 PM
RE: To gather, such curious things - by Envy - May 07, 2024, 10:18 PM
RE: To gather, such curious things - by Cassian - May 18, 2024, 01:07 AM
RE: To gather, such curious things - by Envy - May 27, 2024, 10:10 PM
RE: To gather, such curious things - by Cassian - May 29, 2024, 09:45 PM