Redhawk Caldera A song that will help you remember to forget
Alpha
762 Posts
Ooc — Andrea
Peregrine responded that he was fine and FitzDutiful just nodded. Who was he to say otherwise? A few minutes passed by with comfortable silence, on Fitz's behalf, when Perry started to talk again. FitzDutiful quietly listened as he talked, making confirming murmuring noises when a question was asked of him. As he listened, he processed what was being said.

Fitz remembered all too well how angry Peregrine had been at Dante's decision and Fitz hadn't been too pleased about it either. Well, it turned out Blue Willow had come by too (gosh, couldn't they stay away?!). On the bright side a reason had been given. Wait.

What?!

Oh wow. So Junior was Peregrine's daughter and he attempted suicide because her father had left? Or because her father had left her behind? Wait. That made no sense either. FitzDutiful had been there when Peregrine announced their intentions. Nothing had stopped Junior from joining them here.

First things first. "How old is Junior?" A lot of what he said next depended on that answer. He didn't remember her being an adult when he saw her at the plateau. 6 months old was the actual answer, from a bit of stalking, but regardless of whether Peregrine gave this number or not, Fitz would go ahead.

"She's not an adult yet, so the only way I can see that you failed her was giving her a choice, instead of saying she was coming. I don't know your relationship with her, maybe there was a good reason why you didn't demand she came? Either way, that is part of your history with her."

A brief pause for breath.

"You mentioned joint custody before, I'm guessing this was over Junior. That will be one thing that's already different from your experiences with Junior and your experiences with your new litter, when they come. I can't tell you it's the right thing to do - I've never had children. But I doubt it's something that you just pick up."

This was by far the hardest counselling Fitz had had to do.
Messages In This Thread
RE: A song that will help you remember to forget - by FitzDutiful - November 25, 2014, 09:34 AM