Redhawk Caldera A song that will help you remember to forget
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
"She and her sister were born the last day of March," the father answered, then fell silent as FitzDutiful dispensed some advice. Peregrine listened, though he was halfway distracted by the sheer number of details he felt he needed to add to give the would-be Counselor the entire picture.

"Junior had left the plateau to follow a pack of women that called themselves nerds or something like that," Peregrine recollected, "so she wasn't there when I made the announcement about leaving myself. She eventually left them and returned to the plateau, though I'm not sure of the exact timeline. In any case, she must have been doing her Outrider thing when she ran into Fox at the caldera and found out all about it. I don't know what she thought at the time, as I wasn't there.

I haven't actually seen her since the day she told me she was leaving,"
Peregrine admitted regretfully. "And I think that's the rub. I've been by the plateau a few times but I never sought out her or her siblings. Junior had already begun to hate Fox and resent us for wanting to have pups together; she thought we were replacing her. That's where I fucked up. I knew she was angry with me and I thought I was doing good by giving her space. But I did exactly what she feared I would do. I abandoned her for my new family."

Peregrine could not have loathed himself more in that moment. He trailed into silence and hung his head.
Messages In This Thread
RE: A song that will help you remember to forget - by Peregrine Redhawk - November 25, 2014, 09:45 AM