I Whisper Into the Night
But in the silence I heard you calling out to me
263 Posts
Ooc — Ashur
:D

Though he did not bear a cape of darkness, Malachi found solace in the night. There was something in the silence, in the shadows that cloaked the forest in their withered embrace. There was a sense of danger, but at the same time a spirit of freedom. Night was her own domain, and while others slumbered on, Malachi preferred to explore her kingdom and everything she had to offer those daring enough to wander in the hours of her rule.

Duskfire proved a particularly difficult terrain to cover at night, but a challenge the man accepted his first night within the Glacier's bounds. Few here seemed to share his affinity with the moon's reigning hours, and he'd come to take them for what they were: not as a time of congregation and festivity as they'd been in the Vale, but rather as a time to appreciate all that hid while the sun reigned by day. He'd lie to say he didn't miss the company of packmates in these hours, but he'd come to accept that here his night wandering would often take the form of solitude, and to be honest, in a way it was a welcome change.

So when he caught the movement of another in his periphery stalking through the towering pines, Malachi's brows quirked, for he hadn't expected any others to be out at this hour. But his surprise subsided, and at the scent of Duskfire on her fur, he felt a tremor in his paws. Without a second thought he advanced toward her, thrilled at the mere idea he'd found another sojourner, and Malachi released a quiet chuff to make his presence known.
Trades
[Image: warden.gif][Image: naturalist.gif] 1/5 | [Image: chronicler.gif] 2/5
Messages In This Thread
I Whisper Into the Night - by Sen - January 19, 2015, 03:10 AM
RE: I Whisper Into the Night - by Malachi - January 25, 2015, 01:01 AM
RE: I Whisper Into the Night - by Sen - January 25, 2015, 06:17 PM
RE: I Whisper Into the Night - by Malachi - January 27, 2015, 03:49 PM
RE: I Whisper Into the Night - by Sen - January 28, 2015, 03:23 PM
RE: I Whisper Into the Night - by Malachi - February 01, 2015, 02:25 PM
RE: I Whisper Into the Night - by Sen - February 04, 2015, 02:22 AM
RE: I Whisper Into the Night - by Malachi - February 10, 2015, 12:30 PM
RE: I Whisper Into the Night - by Sen - February 10, 2015, 01:58 PM