the lonely mountain
marrow of the spirit
1,313 Posts
Ooc — Ku
He had been mistaken when he thought she had been able to discern what he thought was the obvious — that the Spine was his. Her naivety was amusing, though he did not initially let on this fact. Justice was intelligent enough to put two and two together. But he listened as she spoke once more of Kadezj and wondered whether or not the fellow was true to his word. It was her offer to bring him there that he found himself agreeing with.

"I think that would be best," he said, wondering if he was treating this too much in a business-like sense. "With winter coming in, we can't just take in everyone that comes along. But if he's willing to be loyal to this pack and loyal towards me, then I suppose an arrangement could be made." Choosing his words carefully, he moved on with not letting her in on the fact that he would be the one making the call. But he felt it was obvious more now than ever.

After a few more minutes of conversation, he let her go on her way. Presumably, they would meet again and he would see this Kadezj for himself. And with any luck, he would decide whether or not to take a gamble on him. Justice he would have taken in without consideration, but when strings were attached and involved, the situation became so much more thorny.
[Image: warrior_master.gif] [Image: gamekeeper_master.gif]
Messages In This Thread
the lonely mountain - by Justice - November 17, 2014, 09:09 PM
RE: the lonely mountain - by Mordecai - November 18, 2014, 02:35 PM
RE: the lonely mountain - by Justice - November 20, 2014, 01:18 PM
RE: the lonely mountain - by Mordecai - November 20, 2014, 01:27 PM
RE: the lonely mountain - by Justice - November 23, 2014, 01:00 AM
RE: the lonely mountain - by Mordecai - November 23, 2014, 06:48 PM
RE: the lonely mountain - by Justice - November 24, 2014, 10:49 AM
RE: the lonely mountain - by Mordecai - November 24, 2014, 11:07 AM
RE: the lonely mountain - by Justice - December 06, 2014, 01:34 AM
RE: the lonely mountain - by Mordecai - February 08, 2015, 09:30 PM