Ouroboros Spine I've Got A Feeling Now, My Heart Is Frozen
♛queen of disaster ♛
454 Posts
Ooc — Mini (Marie)
carried away :o no need to match the length <3
[size=medium]"in the land of gods and monsters,
I was an angel"
[/size]

[size=small]In the silence, the pale Queen's ears pricked attentively, waiting for it to be him to speak first. Hopefully, it would not be Mara what they were here to discuss, after their little impromtu meet & greet, Cara would've thought that the subject had been aready buried. Though, if asked she knew she would not, and could not turn down his questions. Because while Cara was not one to believe in blind faith, and still hypocritically expected the boy to take her word on the gravity of the crimes Mara had comitted, she also expected for all of his doubts to be killed.
With reason preferably.

If it was the narration of her multiples flaws and attrocities what would take to convince the young boy; then so be it.
With her eyes hardening slightly and her shoulders rolling to shake off the powdery snow that falled onto the nape of her neck. She was ready to spill her enemy's deepest secrets, to confide in Gaiban the very reason that hid underneath her rage, but surprisingly as he mumbled he made clear that Mara was not the topic he wanted to adress -- at least not first.

Quickly, she had to swallow the boiling insults climbing through her trachea and keep down any trace of anger for her face. It was not hard though, not as her scruntinizing eyes percieved the underlying sincerity laced in his voice."A Quest" she echoed, her mind digging through the files of her brain in order to come up with something suitable, yet beneficial for him to take charge of alone.
Send him on a diplomatic mission to another pack's borders to deliver a message?
No. There wasn't a message to be sent, and after the inclination he had exhibited towards strangers, she wasn't too sure if he should be sent out -- not yet.

Then, the lightbulb that hovered imaginarilly above her head lit up. He, not being a child, yet not being quite an adult either was perfect for the task she had in mind.
Besides, as he sought redemption, he also had to seek out her trust;and really, what better way to earn it by showing her he was not only useful now, but in the future.?
In the future, when the pack was blessed with her future kids.

Being foreign to the perceptions he had of his own packmates' treatment towards him (which was odd considering the incident had not been mentioned to another soul) she thought inmediately of the other wolves in her ranks that could be too given mention of this Quest.
"Making sure that in the upcoming season, when my children will hopefully be born, there are no unwelcomed predators lingering around for our food, will be your task. " she declared, thinking that the responsability would serve him well and his help would earn her a rest from all her hectic patrolling.

"Anything, no matter the species," she began to explain, hoping he'd learnt his lesson on why the Spine wolves didn't play the hospitality role, "If they're taking food from our caches they're taking food from our mouths" she went on, her tone serious yet amiable, "Pay special attention to felines, and bears" she warned
The place wasn't named Greatbear Wilderness just because..
And she didn't want him to get mauled because of her..

"Understood?" she asked at last, falling silent for a second to let the information sink in and a decision to be made.
[/size]
Messages In This Thread
I've Got A Feeling Now, My Heart Is Frozen - by Gaiban - February 12, 2015, 05:29 PM
RE: I've Got A Feeling Now, My Heart Is Frozen - by Cara - February 15, 2015, 04:20 PM
RE: I've Got A Feeling Now, My Heart Is Frozen - by Gaiban - February 15, 2015, 05:20 PM
RE: I've Got A Feeling Now, My Heart Is Frozen - by Cara - February 17, 2015, 07:57 PM
RE: I've Got A Feeling Now, My Heart Is Frozen - by Gaiban - February 17, 2015, 08:52 PM
RE: I've Got A Feeling Now, My Heart Is Frozen - by Cara - February 20, 2015, 11:57 PM
RE: I've Got A Feeling Now, My Heart Is Frozen - by Gaiban - February 22, 2015, 11:33 AM