Horizon Ridge say yes, say yes
now known as<br><strong>OBSIDIAN KESUK,</strong><bR>amnesiac
59 Posts
Ooc — Sophie
Her words were sharp and biting, as if her own teeth had sunk into his sides, and internally Akhlut winced. She might be disloyal to him, but the accusations she levelled against him held some merit, however skewed they were. Still, her first action had not been to seek him out, or to track him down, or to find him in the early hours of dawn when he could be found quite reliably upon the beach, his fur tossed by the sea breeze. No, her chosen course had been to let her frustration build, and bide her time, and unleash her complaints in the form of a challenge, a betrayal that he couldn't address in any way except to staunchly defend himself and his position.

"You can berate me as much as you like, Jinx," he growled, for he did not think of her as his sister now, "but you've undermined yourself in this. Why not come to me with your grievances from the first? Why not seek to bring your experience as a leader to bear and act as my advisor, instead of as my usurper?" Akhlut's stance did not waver; he remained poised to spring upon her, if she should make a move to attack him. His words were as calm as he could make them, but still were issued in a low and throaty tone that threatened to spill over with his fury. "The way of the Light would be direct, forward, honest, and loyal. Instead you've clung to your frustrations and turned them into a twisted plan to overthrow me, but not without first hurling insults meant to disarm and weaken me."

What was meant to be a harsh laugh came out as a half-snarl. "Tell me, Jinx, if Horizon Ridge was yours, what would you do then? Pied would not stand for it, and with her would depart Kisu. Dublin would go with them, I think, and Bristol with her. Naga is my sister and she would follow me to the ends of the earth. That would leave you precious few subordinates to command. I know the weaknesses in our borders and defenses better than any. You could not hold the Ridge for long." No, every tree and stream and ridge and cliff and drift of sand was known to the Sun Prince who walked it during the day and again at night in his dreams. Nothing would tear him away from his home, least of all this Kesuk woman who was power hungry and a fool.
Messages In This Thread
say yes, say yes - by Jinx - January 30, 2014, 10:03 PM
RE: say yes, say yes - by Akhlut - February 08, 2014, 09:39 PM
RE: say yes, say yes - by Jinx - February 09, 2014, 02:45 AM
RE: say yes, say yes - by Akhlut - February 09, 2014, 11:43 AM
RE: say yes, say yes - by Jinx - February 09, 2014, 12:26 PM
RE: say yes, say yes - by Akhlut - February 09, 2014, 03:08 PM
RE: say yes, say yes - by Jinx - February 09, 2014, 10:56 PM
RE: say yes, say yes - by Akhlut - February 10, 2014, 09:25 AM
RE: say yes, say yes - by Jinx - February 10, 2014, 03:09 PM