Blacktail Deer Plateau PACK HUNT — Let nothing come between this and me
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
You're all welcome to post one last time or just leave it here. I'll archive this in a few days. :)

In only a few moments' time, the deer lay on the ground, her struggles coming to an end as Hawkeye's fangs sought and drained the fount of lifeblood in the doe's throat. Almost as soon as the carcass settled in the snow, the Alpha male reared his head and warned the others away from the kill with a throaty growl—all but Hawkeye, of course, whom he favored with an admiring lick and a whispered, "Good kill, babe."

Turning to face the trio of subordinates, Peregrine gave them a stony look. "She eats first," he told them imperiously, "and myself after her. You're then welcome to eat according to your rank." His ears pinned back to show them he meant serious business and that any attempts to feed early would be met with his savage teeth. "There's plenty to go around," he added finally. All five would leave the site with full bellies, with plenty left to cache for later.

Before he turned to oversee his mate's meal and join her, the Alpha's gaze swept his three other pack mates once more. "You've all done an excellent job," he told them, making sure to meet each of their gazes and wave his tail approvingly. Peregrine then turned, pinned a swarthy paw against the deer's haunch and ripped into the meat with ravenous, feral gusto.
Messages In This Thread
RE: PACK HUNT — Let nothing come between this and me - by Peregrine Redhawk - February 13, 2014, 12:00 PM