Fairspell Meadow If there’s a wrong road, I’m damn sure gonna take it
Ghost
I still don't get it right sometimes · I just don't get it as wrong
692 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Mediator
wow edited but still aw!  I completely read my other thread wrong XD oops

When he decided to contemplate where he would go next, the tawny Blackthorn stuck near the area, choosing the Mesa as a temporary holding until he determined if it was worth it to even attempt to join the same pack his sister now resided in.  He was sure she would be extremely unhappy if he did, which meant the asshole in him wanted to make it happen, and he'd liked Peregrine okay when he'd spoken with him.  Doubtless they'd count themselves lucky to get a catch like him  among their number.  But did he really want to deal with what that would entail?  Maybe.

The asshole in him probably deserved what happened next, too.  Sticking around wasn't his greatest plan ever.

Not being any sort of naturalist, Colt's only warning that the sky was about to tear apart were signs he took as preceding a normal storm.  What followed was one of the most terrifying, exhilarating moments of his life, an experience he knew he would be hard pressed to top.  When the first winds whipped around, he'd taken shelter to the side of the Mesa overlooking a meadow, watching as the clouds shifted in crazed patterns overhead and pressing towards the ground as the wind began to pick up even moreso.

Never had the wolf seen a tornado before, and when the funnel appeared to begin it's destruction of the meadow, spawning tendrils of whirling wind alongside it, he was paralyzed by fear for the first time in his life.  Still, a small part of him reveled in the power... A part that shut up when he felt himself being pulled in the twister's direction.  The trees near him were being similarly affected, pulling dangerously sideways, and the world tilted similarly as he was pulled from the ground, heart threatening to burst from his chest with the knowledge he was probably gonna die here.  Killed by fuckin wind.

What a way to go, though totally not a sentiment that crossed his mind as he was flying like a frickin deranged turkey through the air, limbs flailing vainly for anything to grab onto.

It was fortunate for him that the tornado decided at that instant the Mesa would be spared, disappating before it reached the stone's range.  As the wind suddenly dropped, so did Colt, landing heavily amongst the other flying debris at the edge of the meadow.  Senseless and completely unaware how lucky he'd just gotten, though he'd probably chock it up to Mother Nature finding him too pretty to kill off once he woke.
Messages In This Thread
If there’s a wrong road, I’m damn sure gonna take it - by Colt RIP - July 19, 2015, 11:06 AM