Silvertip Mountain the earth spins and the moon goes round
you are loved, you are loved more than you know
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Joining 
Somewhere in the great beyond, the sun sunk below the jagged horizon, but the fortress of Silvertip barred her from catching the final rays of the day's fading light. A barren waste surrounded her, failing to boast of the new growth that sprouted throughout the rest of the flatlands. Not even stripped boughs blocked the girl from the eyes of light that sparked in the sky above. Nanook hadn't felt so exposed since crossing Desna on the plains. A sea of scents overwhelmed her, foreign, tight, and altogether fearsome.

She had not forgotten the names her sister had given her. Though the rogue had little to boast in physical strength or social sensitivity, her mind remained sharp. It was the one thing that kept her going, and the only means by which she had managed to survive this famine on her own. Yet she remained a weathered and angular thing, and felt the weight of starvation with every new day she was given. She may have survived thus far, but how much longer until her eyelids sagged and her muscles caved and she entered the darkness forever? Her mother had given up, but Nanook couldn't bring herself to do the same. The realization instead drove her steps to the edge of this pack's claim, with nothing to offer but the determination to live.

Though uncertainty touched her, Nanook tipped her head skyward and opened her mouth to call. A moment passed before a sound actually pulsed from her chest. She named them both, just as Desna had directed - Mason and @Steady - and with their names cascading in her quiet tone between the crags, Nanook fell to silence. Her muzzle remained pointed to the sky, gaze turned to watch the constellations appear as she waited in silence.
with every heartbeat I have left
I will defend your every breath, I promise
I'll do better
Messages In This Thread
the earth spins and the moon goes round - by Nanook - June 20, 2016, 09:38 PM