Stavanger Bay that you steal from me the sorrow that i've earned
la llorona
Health - 0% (0/100)
483 Posts
Ooc — Moosebrawn
The water was cool and playful around her, leaping and nipping like Buck had been, in their youth. She could almost imagine the great blue beast was her brother, but their voices were very different. Their temperments, too, were as night and day; Buck had never been short with her, but the sea had a quick-burning fuse. She knew she'd done something wrong when the tide stopped its insistent pulling to simply yank her off her feet, and the playful nips of sand on her paws became nothing short of savagery -

She'd tarried too long. She'd told Skellige that she'd pull seaweed over the caches, and instead she'd turned to play.

When the voice of her leviathan rang out, she thought for a moment that he knew, and she would be punished - but the thought was quickly chased away by others - He came back! - A sniff at the wind - He's brought another!

She darted toward the sound of his voice, singing out her greeting as she approached the two dark figures on the horizon. "Hail, hail my lord!" she cried, lowering her belly to the sand when she came near enough. "I heard you calling and I came - and you came back for me!"

So complete was her joy that she forgot the presence of the stranger in lieu of wiggling excitedly at the leviathan's paws.
Messages In This Thread
RE: that you steal from me the sorrow that i've earned - by Doe - July 08, 2016, 08:47 PM