The Sentinels I am very dark, but lovely, O daughters of Jerusalem
The Laugher
197 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
All Welcome 
Family reunion thread for @Lotte and @Lærkee
His journey thus far had been somewhat uneventful; he thought often of Asherah and the companionship she's promised, and equally about the silent wolfdog whose name he'd never know. Sometimes he thought of Shink, and sometimes he thought of home, but most often he thought of Lotte, and what she would have to say about all this. He knew that she'd come into these lands with Laerke - it had been part of the reason for his coming along, although the promise of adventure had been quite enough on its own.

Truth be told, this was the longest he'd ever been apart from his twin. At home, they'd been considered a matching set, and he struggled to form his songs without relying on her to pick up the higher notes that he could not reach, or else offer a rhyming word that he was unable to think of.

He was glad when their scents reached him on the westward wind, and followed dutifully through the woods until he came upon the borders of a pack that bore their signatures on the territory markers. At long last, the family would be reunited! Dagfinn did not plan to stay - already, he was making plans to find Asherah once more - but that did not make their coming together again any less joyful.

It doesn't matter what the bear has to say about it, either, he thought to himself, ready to face the beloved man's disapproval, should it come. I have to make my own way in this world, and my way is different from his. From theirs.

But there was no bitterness to these thoughts. He was too excited to see his siblings once more - and so he howled their names, praying that the would be swift in their answering.
Messages In This Thread
I am very dark, but lovely, O daughters of Jerusalem - by Dagfinn - September 08, 2016, 09:21 AM