The Bracken Woods who is your humble, maybe i'll run across him?
i will pry his bony fingers free
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
AW <3 this will be the first of indra's 'visions'!

ahead the clearing parsed as wiry timber boughs gave way to soft pinestraw and small, bright chartreuse ferns. small pocks of mushrooms sat littering the dark wood's soil and among the rubble of fallen moss-riddled trees and stones the small child sat. her eyes were wide as she huddled under the shivering arm of maidenhair fern. nearly fifty meters before her, browsing through the substrate with a long raking paw, was the massive form of an adult bear. besides from the immensity of its frame, it was pearly and lumbersome -- a wraithlike, extraordinary spectacle stuck in the mundane.

indra had never seen such a large animal before, but she instinctively was afraid. she knew it was not a wolf, or a friend -- and fearful, the child cowered out of sight as the bear rifled through the pinestraw.

she thought of moving, of bolting -- until the animal turned its sightless, blue gaze upon her. instantly she felt her insides liquify, her heart chill and stop -- the bear's gaze tore through her as if looking beyond her plane of existence. indra felt fear overtake her and she burst from the ferns and ran as quickly as her little legs could carry her.
now the wren has gone to roost and the sky is turning gold,
and like the sky, my soul is also turning.
Messages In This Thread
who is your humble, maybe i'll run across him? - by Indra - September 11, 2016, 12:35 PM
RE: who is your humble, maybe i'll run across him? - by Indra - September 15, 2016, 06:32 PM
RE: who is your humble, maybe i'll run across him? - by Indra - September 17, 2016, 07:03 PM
RE: who is your humble, maybe i'll run across him? - by Indra - September 27, 2016, 06:59 PM