The Sentinels When you come and break my heart, free my blood.
The Laugher
197 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Recognizing the accusation in her tone, Dag simply combed his teeth through his sister's fur, choosing not to speak on the topic. He had nothing bad to say about Laerke; it was not in his nature to hold a grudge or retain bitterness (perhaps why he'd felt so strange during his travel with Amber and Grayday, holding onto his emotions the way he had). Instead, he merely tried to offer what comfort he could, understanding that Lotte was as worried for their brother as he was.

His news, at least, seemed to rouse Lotte from her angry grief. Though he was not exactly eager to pursue the topic, he knew that he'd feel better when he'd gotten it off his chest. Telling things to Lotte always seemed to improve his modd.

"Her name is Amber," he explained, ears flattening in shame as he remembered all that had transpired. "She was in heat, and the scent... lured me." That was enough detail on that front. "And she said that I would be a father. I hunted for her and her pack, I visited her, sang songs to her belly... but one day, she called for me while she was with another male, and she said that he was the real father. She'd been using me as insurance, in case the other male didn't come back."

And that was not all; how he wished that the story had ended there! But no - he had been foolish, had followed after his unfaithful love and her mate. The journey had taken all the wanderlust out of him, it seemed.

"I went with them to the other male's pack, to make sure she made it there safely."

He didn't have the right words to explain what that journey had been like. He wasn't sure how to describe what he felt for Amber, now. It was all too strange, too new. He'd been doing his best not to think about it, in fact.
Messages In This Thread
RE: When you come and break my heart, free my blood. - by Dagfinn - December 19, 2016, 11:57 PM