Redhawk Caldera my whole life is thunder.
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
All Welcome 
@Eljay because like I can ignore that cameo and ilu :D This takes place while Elwood and Finley are reunioning

The clouds were shifting lazily across a blue sky overhead as Liffey laid in a bed of crisp orange and brown leaves, watching with mild interest. She had started the afternoon was finding shapes in the clouds, but it was an old game and she'd quickly lost interest. Her mind had wandered to a place that it often went to lately - a place that she had told no one about. Somewhere, her twin was probably off eating bugs and slurping up mud or something bizarre. Daddy was probably hunting. Her mom was still gone. Eljay was napping, or so she assumed. Gannet though...

A tiny smile curled up the corner of her lips as her heart did the weird fluttery thing it had been doing lately whenever her mind wandered this direction. She imagined him prowling the borders, seeking out bad guys to drive away. Or maybe loping across the Caldera's flatlands after a stag that he would bring down just for her. Or maybe he was even looking for her right now, wanting to hang out and watch the clouds with her...

The young girl rolled her shoulders and laughed softly to herself. It was so silly, of course he wasn't. She didn't fully even understand why she was wishing he would. She was too young to understand, but that didn't stop the daydreams.

Hunger did, though. Her stomach made a grumpy sound and Liffey frowned as she rolled onto all fours. She stood and gave her coat a good shake before trotting forward. At five months, she was still small with a puppy-ish face and paws that seemed still too large to fit her. But her frame had begun to hint towards the young woman she would soon become - small, but strong like the mother she only mostly remembered.

When hunger struck, Liffey always knew right where to go. She was learning about hunting, but had thus far failed to prove herself to be all too capable at it. She might have tried to nab something for herself, but the young wolf was feeling just as lazy as the clouds. And besides, Eljay had seemed so down lately. He needed a boost, and he did seem to enjoy doing stuff with her. And so the little river approached the densite, heedless of what she might be about to discover.
if I knew where I was going, I'd lose my way.
~•~
Messages In This Thread
my whole life is thunder. - by Liffey - November 18, 2016, 08:15 PM
RE: my whole life is thunder. - by Eljay - November 19, 2016, 04:19 AM
RE: my whole life is thunder. - by Liffey - November 19, 2016, 03:22 PM
RE: my whole life is thunder. - by Eljay - November 22, 2016, 05:19 AM
RE: my whole life is thunder. - by Liffey - November 22, 2016, 05:55 PM
RE: my whole life is thunder. - by Lagan - November 22, 2016, 06:18 PM
RE: my whole life is thunder. - by Eljay - November 23, 2016, 02:44 AM
RE: my whole life is thunder. - by Liffey - November 23, 2016, 05:51 PM
RE: my whole life is thunder. - by Lagan - November 23, 2016, 08:05 PM
RE: my whole life is thunder. - by Eljay - November 24, 2016, 02:32 AM