Ankyra Sound i'm headed straight for the castle
warbringer
454 Posts
Ooc — romanova
Guardian
Tactician
noting an slight accent is totally fine (and probably makes sense that she'd have one, tbh lol). ;p

[table width=85%][tr][td]
Eske watched as her question drew a slow blink from the other female …who looked like a wolf and yet …not. As Eske had never seen a coywolf before she did not make the connection. Eventually, a name hung in the air between them. Caiaphas. She did not carry upon her the scent of a pack, like the silent woman before her. Eske’s tail flicked against her hocks as she assessed the woman carefully as a series of questions was flung the warrior princess’ way. A low huff left the Drakru’s lips as the woman proclaimed the beach to be her’s. That was funny because there was no scent of claim upon it, as to which the answer of the inconsistency was soon answered. Where was the pack that once claimed the Sound? Perhaps the beach had once belonged to this Caiaphas but as far as Eske was concerned while no scent markers lingered: no longer did it belong to her. “I don’t know,” Eske bit in reply, bristling ever so slightly at the questions that had sounded more like accusations fired her way as if Caiaphas was a one woman firing squad.

“—but they are long gone.” Which was obvious enough. Tact had never been Eske’s strong suit. She lacked in Gyda (and Freyja’s) ability to be diplomatic. She always had and she always would. Still, the fact was obvious enough and Eske did not think the svelte woman before her to be dull by any means of the word. “I do not know her name. She did not speak. She is no friend of mine.” Eske spoke, her salmon pink tongue running across her teeth. Eske was glad that the silent woman was gone (as rude as that undoubtedly was) and she had yet to discern how she felt about her new companion. That remained to be determined. “I don’t mean your beach or you any harm,” And truly she didn’t. She was just minding her own business. “I am looking for my siblings,” Eske didn’t particularly want to delve into the whole story, especially not with a stranger. Of course she realized that anyone that went to investigate Sleeping Dragon would find it uninhabited and know why right away. It had been almost a week since Drageda had settled and still there no sign of Freyja or Hvitserk. Eske’s little trip wasn’t entirely sanctioned (as she was supposed to wait for a search party) but to no one’s surprise she hadn’t and didn’t. For a short while the beauty of the bioluminescent shore had distracted her from her true purpose and a slow nag of guilt began to fester at her. She was on a personal mission not a simple exploration trip. Her tail twitched and for a moment her ears slicked back to rest at half mast atop her skull before they pushed forward, alert. “I took a few moments to admire the shore.” She’d never grown up on or near the ocean and it was strange in a way but she found that she kind of liked it all the same. It was slightly bitter to admit that out loud (to a stranger no less) but it was evident enough, even without her speaking it out loud.

“I am Eske Kom Drakru.” She introduced herself, finally, with an air of pride. She had recently shed her mother’s surname in favor of one that befitted her much more. She was not a Viking and it had no longer felt right carrying it around as if she were. She had addressed Caiaphas' questions out of the order in which the woman had demanded them but Eske believed she had addressed them all, nevertheless.
[/td][/tr][/table]
roangeda · green-lit

trigedasleng
— your hands are wet with the blood
of an empire. you lick it off.
Messages In This Thread
i'm headed straight for the castle - by RIP Blodreina - December 04, 2016, 09:57 AM
RE: i'm headed straight for the castle - by Tacita - December 04, 2016, 10:13 PM
RE: i'm headed straight for the castle - by RIP Blodreina - December 05, 2016, 03:29 PM
RE: i'm headed straight for the castle - by Tacita - December 05, 2016, 07:19 PM
RE: i'm headed straight for the castle - by RIP Blodreina - December 07, 2016, 03:10 PM
RE: i'm headed straight for the castle - by Caiaphas - December 23, 2016, 06:42 PM
RE: i'm headed straight for the castle - by RIP Blodreina - December 23, 2016, 07:04 PM
RE: i'm headed straight for the castle - by Caiaphas - December 23, 2016, 07:45 PM
RE: i'm headed straight for the castle - by RIP Blodreina - December 24, 2016, 04:17 AM