Mount Apikuni I still wonder if I ever felt the pain
you are loved, you are loved more than you know
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
She nodded, and touched her gaze upon his face as the man turned to trace the scope of the heavens. He settled on the space she followed, and his words, soft and reflective, hummed in her ears. Polaris. Nanook's breath caught in her throat, and with a sharp flick, the sylph turned her gaze upon the sky, just as the man turned his twin moons upon her.

"Polaris." She breathed the name. No. Impossible. How could she have named herself after a star she hadn't known? Had papa told her? Had mama? Was the star important to them - was that why she was so drawn to follow it? Nanook could not pull her attention away from the glimmering sphere, a beacon of light in the canopy above. The north star, to navigate the world.

"How?" She averted her eyes to perceive the man again, a fire of curiosity in her copper gaze. Intrigue sparked over the fellow star-gazer. He knew things about the sky she did not, things she desired to know, and her body spoke of this interest. "How does it work? How do you use it to navigate the world?"
with every heartbeat I have left
I will defend your every breath, I promise
I'll do better
Messages In This Thread
I still wonder if I ever felt the pain - by Larus - January 05, 2017, 05:19 PM
RE: I still wonder if I ever felt the pain - by Nanook - January 06, 2017, 11:17 AM
RE: I still wonder if I ever felt the pain - by Larus - January 06, 2017, 03:15 PM
RE: I still wonder if I ever felt the pain - by Nanook - January 19, 2017, 01:39 PM
RE: I still wonder if I ever felt the pain - by Larus - January 21, 2017, 03:04 PM
RE: I still wonder if I ever felt the pain - by Nanook - January 30, 2017, 12:16 PM