Stone Circle can't fight this feeling
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Keoni was quiet throughout his story, and he wondered what was going through her head. Steady's moral compass didn't always point North, but he felt justified in what he had done. If Chaska would have at least asked the Alpha why he had done, Steady would have been happy to explain. But, he felt his ex-brother was blinded by love. But, had their bond been so thin as to break so easily? Why hadn't Steady seen that before?

He frowned, his eyes downcast as Keoni asked who the intruder had murdered. That day came flashing back all at once, and he wanted to save Keoni from the heartbreak he had felt. But, it was not his place to lie. So, instead, he took a deep breath. You were young when it happened, but this wolf spent a lot of time with you when she was here. You might remember taking a trip with her, you would have walked a lot and been really tired. But, then you might remember being snuggled up to her, kept safe and warm after that. 

He watched her for signs that she might remember such a wolf. After a few moments, he continued. Valette and I were not always your parents, he explained. Althaia, the wolf that was murdered, brought you, your brother, and a sister, here. She explained that she was running from something bad, and she needed refuge. I offered that to her. His words were spoken slowly, almost afraid that Keoni would not like what she heard next, and he was trying to put it off. A couple weeks later, that wolf, who was your Mother, was slain at my borders, and possibly your sister, too. Her body was never found, and I don't know where she is.  Remembering it all brought tears to his eyes, but he refused to shed them. I failed to protect them, he admitted. But, when the murderer returned, I feared she had come back for you and Nikai. I couldn't let her do that. He waited, breath held, for Keoni's reaction.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

Messages In This Thread
can't fight this feeling - by Keoni - January 18, 2017, 07:45 PM
RE: can't fight this feeling - by Steady - January 18, 2017, 10:58 PM
RE: can't fight this feeling - by Keoni - January 21, 2017, 11:29 AM
RE: can't fight this feeling - by Steady - January 21, 2017, 11:27 PM
RE: can't fight this feeling - by Keoni - January 22, 2017, 03:34 PM
RE: can't fight this feeling - by Steady - January 22, 2017, 03:52 PM
RE: can't fight this feeling - by Keoni - January 22, 2017, 04:10 PM
RE: can't fight this feeling - by Steady - January 22, 2017, 04:29 PM
RE: can't fight this feeling - by Keoni - January 22, 2017, 09:56 PM
RE: can't fight this feeling - by Steady - January 23, 2017, 12:10 AM
RE: can't fight this feeling - by Keoni - January 25, 2017, 07:24 PM