Redhawk Caldera And my nose is froze
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
Pack Activity 
The other half of the packtivity! :)

Hunting was not fun in this weather, even if half of the prey was frozen solid and offered to the pack on an icy plate.

Elwood had grown to dislike slipping and sliding across the terrain with the bitter wind whipping at his fur. More often than not, visibility was low, due to snow or sleet or freezing rain or some combination of the three. And aside from that, he was just cold -- he would much rather be snuggled up with his family in the confines of the shelter.

But as the pack's Alpha male and as a hunter by trade, he felt an incessant need to fulfill his duty. He had set out only a few minutes ago into some particularly heavy snowfall when an ominous rumble made him turn back towards the caldera. He didn't see anything at first, but then became aware of a subtle movement. There was a cascade of snow tumbling down the mountainside, and his eyes widened in alarm as he realized just what he was looking at. An avalanche rolled steadily along the slope, gaining speed as it thundered toward the base of the caldera and the opening of the cave.

With a strangled yelp, Elwood flung himself back towards the tunnel, only to be thrown off balance as the wall of snow hit him. He somersaulted backwards and was effectively buried, leaving no trace of where he had been only moments before.
Messages In This Thread
And my nose is froze - by Elwood - January 27, 2017, 03:13 PM
RE: And my nose is froze - by Liffey - January 28, 2017, 09:20 AM
RE: And my nose is froze - by Elwood - January 31, 2017, 09:13 PM
RE: And my nose is froze - by Liffey - February 04, 2017, 01:47 PM
RE: And my nose is froze - by Elwood - February 14, 2017, 01:24 PM
RE: And my nose is froze - by Liffey - February 19, 2017, 11:36 AM
RE: And my nose is froze - by Elwood - February 20, 2017, 09:33 PM
RE: And my nose is froze - by Liffey - February 26, 2017, 06:00 PM
RE: And my nose is froze - by Elwood - February 27, 2017, 09:32 PM