Redhawk Caldera Leave your name, number and nightmare at the tone.
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
Though the weather had grown warmer, Liffey didn't feel as though she would ever rid her bones of this frigid ache. She shivered in her little dugout in the snow as she stared out across the territory in silence. Fear and heartache gripped her, more completely than she'd felt ever before in her life. Her eternal optimism had suffered blow after blow by this weather, and now this had been the worst of all, likely because this was the one that had ripped her twin from her side for the first time in her life. She felt like only half of herself without him, and because of this, for once she truly did fear that she might never again see her loved ones. Maybe she had never been optimistic on her own at all. Maybe it had always been his she'd felt.

In the midst of this introspection, Raven's voice cried out for Elwood. Liffey picked up her head in alarm, peering over at her cousin as she stood and began to attack the wall. The girl stood, shaking her coat before trotting swiftly over, panic tightening in her chest.

"What's going on?" she asked fearfully, looking at the wall. Had it fallen in more? Were they screaming inside? Or worse - had the infinitesimal amount of sound they could hear her family making inside ceased? She couldn't hear anything over the sound of the medic's efforts, but still she trusted her cousin enough to be moved to action. Liffey swallowed hard and began to dig alongside Raven.
if I knew where I was going, I'd lose my way.
~•~
Messages In This Thread
RE: Leave your name, number and nightmare at the tone. - by Liffey - February 04, 2017, 06:56 PM