Dragoncrest Cliffs In my blood
[time & tide]
479 Posts
Ooc — -
Guardian
Warrior
Although it was never easy to part ways with the warmth curled next to Portia, he'd risen early -- well before dawn, and set to work beneath the growing light of the morning.

With each day that passed, winter was easing itself away more and more. Or so it seemed to him. Maybe a piece of this belief came from what he anticipated, and how intrinsically woven into the springtime the notion was: pups. His mate's flanks were widening by the day (much to her dismay), and quickly too, leaving him with no doubts that they'd be having a litter. Knowing this with the certainty that he now did, he wished for the warm, green days to return to them quickly.. and in the meantime, he knew very well to keep busy if these puppies were to have a cushioned early-life.

It was peaceful between the trees as he'd trekked over the borders and crossed pathways with several others doing the same once the morning got into true swing. Only when he had thoroughly assured himself that was all secured, maintained, and well-watched, he drifted inward towards the coast when he reached the edge of the woods.. although it felt somewhat outside his routine to have this much afternoon left, he noted as he trotted on towards the beach. There, when he came upon Wildfire. He approached rather casually despite the probable invasion of her potty-time privacy as he walked on up to her with nostrils flared and a low rumble-whuff of greeting; lately he'd noticed her keeping away, likely to herself somewhere, and figured it was all her way of sorting through the processes involved in her first pregnancy.

So he wondered what she was out doing, if anything particular, and voiced it with a simple "Hey." Then a nod. "How're things?" Dio quietly clipped his jaw shut afterward. There were a lot of other, far more eloquent things he could ask of their leading ambassador, heda's mate, and expecting mother. Since he had no real business here with her right here, and he was uncertain of her overall mood (receptiveness to company like his included) yet, he'd check himself to err on the more cautious side from here on out--not that he intended to bug her for long.
Messages In This Thread
In my blood - by Wildfire - February 24, 2017, 07:11 PM
RE: In my blood - by Dio - March 02, 2017, 01:55 AM
RE: In my blood - by Wildfire - March 02, 2017, 11:46 AM
RE: In my blood - by Dio - March 08, 2017, 02:37 AM
RE: In my blood - by Wildfire - March 09, 2017, 11:43 AM
RE: In my blood - by Dio - March 11, 2017, 05:54 PM
RE: In my blood - by Wildfire - March 13, 2017, 10:59 AM
RE: In my blood - by Dio - March 14, 2017, 01:58 AM
RE: In my blood - by Wildfire - March 14, 2017, 08:25 AM
RE: In my blood - by Dio - March 29, 2017, 02:35 AM