Blackfeather Woods When I came across this sign
Swathed in the finest wool
174 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
All Welcome 
[table][tr][td valign=center] [/td][td]
Set for the morning after this thread. @Damien

It was in the distance that she had spotted the forest the evening before, but had waited to approach. Prior to her departure, Asterr had warned the girl, instructing her to keep her distance from the forest cast in shadows. It was difficult, disobeying her mother so blatantly, but, without any details to better prevent her from inspecting the territory, she had been drawn to the woods. The night before, she had slept beneath the stars with the moon’s light reflecting off of the surface of the lake to her right, her nose pointed towards Blackfeather. Throughout the night, she had awoken several times, restless and wary, but for unknown reasons. She could not figure out what it was that lured her towards the forbidden land, but trusted her intuition; that trust had nearly driven her off in the opposite direction, but, ultimately, it had been beaten by her curiosity.

As the sun peeked out over the horizon, Kaori was awoken by the calls of the crows and ravens. She was still rather far from Blackfeather, but their shouts were so loud that she imagined they could be heard for miles in every direction. What caused their excitement was something that she wondered about, briefly, before pushing herself up from the ground and shaking her coat free of debris. After several moments of blinking the sleep away and stretching her body, the child was off, moving straight towards the woods that, unbeknownst to her, housed her blood father.

The closer she got to the woods, she realized that it emitted a rather unpleasant stench. At first, her nose was scrunched up at all times, her face having loosened back up only after she’d picked up on yet another scent: blood. Weary, her pace slowed to an eventual stop, needing not trek any closer to the pack’s land. It was with an ever growing lump in her stomach that she lifted her muzzle up towards the sky and loosed a howl, her song telling the story of her missing sister and the land whence she’d come.
[/td][td valign=center] [/td][/tr][/table]
Messages In This Thread
When I came across this sign - by Kaori - March 13, 2017, 01:33 AM
RE: When I came across this sign - by Damien - March 18, 2017, 11:24 AM
RE: When I came across this sign - by Kaori - March 22, 2017, 01:47 AM
RE: When I came across this sign - by Damien - March 25, 2017, 08:12 PM
RE: When I came across this sign - by Kaori - April 02, 2017, 01:34 AM
RE: When I came across this sign - by Damien - April 11, 2017, 12:40 PM
RE: When I came across this sign - by Kaori - April 29, 2017, 12:52 AM
RE: When I came across this sign - by Damien - June 17, 2017, 07:37 PM
RE: When I came across this sign - by Kaori - June 30, 2017, 04:06 AM
RE: When I came across this sign - by Damien - July 08, 2017, 10:39 AM