Greatwater Lake Well I was walkin' for some time
Swathed in the finest wool
174 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
All Welcome 
[table][tr][td valign=center] [/td][td]
Following the girl’s disappearance, Asterr had assumed it to be an act of rebellion. That Airi, having always been a troubled soul, had decided to venture away for a short period simply to prove a point. The more days that passed, however, the greater her concern grew to be. She knew that she could not venture away in search of her daughter, for the tribe needed her to remain within the lair as their sole leader. Kaori had been called to a meeting by her mother that morning for the purpose of discussing the eldest of the Draconid girls, which had resulted in the middle child being sent out on a quest to find her. At first, she hadn’t been too certain about leaving her home, but had eventually come around; she knew the importance of family, as well as how deeply her mother cared, and so she couldn’t refuse the request.

From the lair the girl had ventured, trekking through the mountains until an eventual descent into the flatlands deposited her into a danger zone. An unfamiliar scent tickled her nose, as well as made her feel uneasy. Before long, the girl continued on her way at a quickened pace, exiting the park as her legs carried her towards the lake. She stopped after reaching it, leaning down along the shore in order to take a drink before proceeding. In the distance, she could see the silhouette of a dark forest, which she wondered about, certain that it was the very same that her mother had warned her away from. Despite having been told to stay away, she altered the direction in which she walked so that she was on a direct path towards Blackfeather, paying little attention to her surroundings.
[/td][td valign=center] [/td][/tr][/table]
fire queen
271 Posts
Ooc — Kara
Since her brother's departure, Rose had come face to face with a multitude of challenges she would have normally never experienced at such an age. Starvation, dehydration, the fear of dying, they all continually pecked at her until there was barely anything left. But more than anything else it was the loneliness and boredom that had caused her the most pain. She had never been alone up until now and the young girl was beginning to regret the decision of leaving her only remaining family behind. Hawthorn had chosen his own route in life and Rose had supported his decision, but she had truthfully wanted to be selfish and bring her brother along. She didn't want to face the world alone; at least not yet anyways.

Unfortunately, things didn't go the way she wanted and as a result the fire pelted girl was left unaccompanied on her journey. Now hungry and cold, Rose desperately kept her eyes peeled for any shelter while he nose went mad trying to pick up the scent of any dying animal she scavenge off of. But rather than food, it was the faint smell of another wolf that had caught the girl's attention. She mainly sought after the stranger to see if they had any meat she could snag, but when she found out the stranger was child not much older than herself, Rose lost all interest. She awkwardly shuffled away and did her best to act has if she hadn't just been stalking the inky girl, but truth be told, Rose wasn't much of an actress.
i'm the architect of my own destruction
174 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
The burden of her curiosity pulled her forward, the shadows in the distance almost hypnotic. It was a peculiar thing, her attraction to a place that she had never before visited; she blamed her own defiance, given that her mother had been very clear whilst telling the child to keep away from the Land of Shadows. Though the longer she stared at the silhouette, the more her skin crawled. A gust of wind swept across the land, dragging its icy claws down the girl’s spine and making her shiver. It was spooky, but also so terribly mysterious that she couldn’t find within herself a way to fear the darkness. She wished to reach out and touch it, to allow for the shadows to wrap their arms around her and hug so tightly that warmth could be found in a world where the sun did not exist. Perhaps she would have continued towards the forest, to approach the lining of its trees by nightfall, had the rhythmic sound of footfalls not captured her attention.

Kaori’s walk slowed until she moved no longer, then she turned around in order to search for her stalker. It’d not taken long for her gaze to drift over the body of another wolf—another child—and for her legs to then begin carrying her towards Rose. Rather than proceeding towards the forest, she decided to approach the stranger, to whom she called out with a gentle, “Hello.” Gradually, her pace picked up until she was jogging, hoping to reach the other girl without much difficulty. Should she be allowed to get close, she would slow to another stop several paces off, not wanting to invade the personal space of someone that she didn’t know. “Excuse me, I’d—I would—like to ask you something,” she said, wondering if her sister might have walked the same path and seen the same face. It was a stretch, of course, but asking would do her no harm.
fire queen
271 Posts
Ooc — Kara
The sudden turn and approach of the inky girl was enough to put Rose on edge and all it took was a moment for the fire girl's hackles to raise and tongue to slip out between her teeth. She had never had any contact with anyone outside of her pack before and the only memory she had of outsiders were the ones that took her pack's claim. All in all, she wasn't very fond of outsiders and the girl before her now wasn't an exception despite not looking like a serious threat. 

"What!?" she response in a confused, hushed tone. She had thought the girl was coming to chase her away, not ask questions. So with nothing better to do, the fiery girl cleared her throat and let the fur along her spine settle. "Ugh ok" she then said with a nod, inviting the girl to ask her question. Rose wasn't particularly interested in helping the stranger but curiosity had got the better of her.
174 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
The initial response of the girl was physical—her fur stood on edge and her tongue flickered out between her teeth, two obvious displays of warning. It made her freeze, the fur along her own back rising, though her own mouth was kept shut. When the girl spoke, Kaori was further put off, wondering if all of those beyond the boundaries of her tribe were as unsettling as the girl. She considered turning back around and continuing on her way, but was stopped by what appeared to be the calming of the raging flame. Her fur settled, reducing her size, and she made herself available to be questioned; she didn’t appear to be pleased, but that was something the raven knew she must look passed if she wished to stand a chance at finding her sister.

Allowing for her own coat to smooth back down, she released a steadying breath and asked, “Have you seen another girl around here?” She knew not in which direction Airi had gone, but the flatlands had seemed promising prior to her departure. “She looks like me, but is without the white,” continued the Draconid. “Her eyes are much darker than mine, too. She is my sister.” As if that wasn’t obvious enough.
fire queen
271 Posts
Ooc — Kara
The fiery girl shifted awkwardly in her place, unsure as to what the question would be. To Rose's surprise though, it wasn't about herself but rather the inky girl's sister. "Your the first I've seen in a few moons," she revealed, her body stiffening at the reminder of her own sister. "Sorry," she let out after a few silent moments, before turning to look for a way out. But despite telling her paws to move, Rose remained firmly planted in place. She knew what it was like to lose a sister, and while she didn't have any connection to the girl before her, Rose did understand where she was coming from. 

"Did she leave you?" she asked rather forwardly, not caring that it was a personal question or that the girl might not feel comfortable sharing. She wished to know if they shared similar circumstances, especially since this was the first youth she meant that might actually understand the emotions she's feeling.
174 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Kaori could be a rather intelligent being, understanding that which was logical and what was not. It was a trait inherited from her mother, but Asterr alone had not produced the child. She could not always think with a clear mind, despite her often wishing that she could. In a single moment, she had lost her focus and believed that she might be able to find her sister right then and there, but that simply wasn’t possible. The flame gave her answer, which, in turn, eclipsed the raven’s usually joyous nature long enough to let a frown take over. She tried to tell herself that she shouldn’t have expected anything different, but the sting of the words lingered anyways. “It’s okay,” she managed, her usage of a contraction going by without correction. “I… I guess I knew that she would have gone farther than this.” Her voice was quiet, the words meant more so for herself than the other girl. She should have known, and yet, she’d ignored all that was right in front of her.

It was her turn to answer a question then, though the one presented had her pulling back her ears. It was not out of anger, but more so out of shame—shame over the fact that her sister did not care enough for her or the rest of their family to have stayed put. “She did,” answered the darkling, voice just above a whisper. “She left, but I have to find her. My mother asked me to.” And, despite it being untrue, she believed that she would not be allowed to return home unless Airi was with her; she wished not to return alone, too, for fear of disappointing her family.
fire queen
271 Posts
Ooc — Kara
It was upsetting to see the inky girl frown over her runaway sister, especially since Rose had been in the exact same situation before. "I-" she paused, unsure if she wanted to share her own history. "I lost my sister too" she let out, hoping that her words might somehow comfort to stranger. She wanted to let her know that she wasn't the only one who was going through that pain, but more than that she wanted to tell the girl that she would get through it. 

Sympathy turned to anger when the girl confirmed that her sister had left. "If she left, then maybe she doesn't want to be found" the flame suggested. It was the main reason why she had never bothered searched for Tigerlily. Her sister was her own being and free to do as she pleased, but that didn't mean Rose wouldn't feel the pain and frustration of being abandoned. She had thought her twin to be her other half, and in the blink of an eye that other half had been torn away. It was unforgivable.
174 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
It often felt as if she was alone with her dilemma, for she was alone with her quest. For another being—one that was around her age, even—to experience a similar loss was unexpected, but not unbelievable. Her frown deepened whilst her eyes shown with compassion, sympathizing with the living blaze. “How long has she been missing? Maybe—” she quickly cut herself off and swallowed the rest of her sentence. By observing her mother, the desire to help others was passed onto her, but she was still hesitant. What if her offer might offend the other girl, or take too much of the midnight lamb’s attention away from her own lost sibling? What if“Maybe I could help you find her as I look for my own sister?” she finished, the words having slipped out before she could finish her train of thought. Kaori had been moments away from talking herself out of voicing the offer, but, luckily, her tongue had acted quicker than her mind. Still, the moments that followed were tense, her body rigid as numerous different reactions were imagined.

After revealing more of the details surrounding her sister’s absence, she was given a suggestion that was not so easily responded to. The words pointed out something that she felt Airi was capable of, but she didn’t want to believe that there might be any truth behind them. Neither knew where her sister was, nor the thoughts that ran through her head, which left the comment without any support—excluding the memories that Kaori had, of course. “It is possible…” she noted, her eyes trailing off to look elsewhere. The notion was further considered, her gaze becoming unfocused as she slipped into her thoughts, but she just couldn’t accept it. With a shake of her head, she looked back towards Rose and said, “Even if that’s true, I can’t stop looking now. I have to at least try to find her.” For her mother and the rest of her family, as well as for the lair itself. What terrible luck might befall them, should the cavern not be guarded by both dragons? Nothing that the girl hoped to witnessed, that’s for sure.