Dragoncrest Cliffs Matthew 25:35
176 Posts
Ooc — Lia
Asherah waits with her head held proudly, though not so high as to be an insult to the wolf that greets them. She doesn't want to appear like ragged beggars on someone's border, but a potential packmate, someone you want. She is relieved but surprised to see Thuringwethil come to her call. Perhaps the woman simply recognized her voice? She watches the other approach, and at the soft chuff she gives a wag of her tail, returning the gesture. Once Thuringwethil is closer, she straightens herself up, curling her tail over her back.

Asherah's surprise is complete, and she shows it openly on her face. She blinks at the woman a moment, but soon a soft smile covers her lips as she dips her head in respect. "I didn't realize," She says softly, a bit embarrassed. "That we had the luck to stumble across the leader of Drageda that day." She is struck then, by Molech's will. Eshamun found her by water at her lowest point, guided by the Many Armed God. Then Molech lead her to Thuringwethil, another leader with the power to change her life. For a moment she is dumbstruck at the blessing given to her, at the chances Molech has offered. She soon recovers with a shake of her head, knowing that just because Thuringwethil offered them a potential place that day, does mean they are accepted.

Before she can respond to the woman, Elohim is yelling out a greeting, his tail slashing through the air as fast as a blink. She can sense his excitement and quickly stops him from rushing to Thuringwethil. She makes no assumptions, and does not want him to feel comfortable if they are not to live here. Much as she would like the adventure to be at an end, she understands that sometimes there are more mouths to feed than there are spaces.

Quickly she quiets him, though her heart breaks a little as he dips his head. A gentle lick is offered to reassure him, and she sends a silent prayer that they will be accepted. She does not want to see the look in his eyes if they are sent away. She does not want to have to hide her tears from them. She isn't sure what to do or say, it's obvious why she's here, and she did not have to do this with Eshamun. She has never done it before, and though her voice starts nervously she soon gains her confidence.

"We did. My children...are not safe with only myself to look out for them. They need more family than I can give them, they deserve more. They deserve to sleep safely and soundly, to not worry about their next meal. I have done my best to make it so, but everyday is harder than the last. You would be taking in three mouths, but I would swear myself to your pack, and my children will grow to learn your ways. They would gain family, and knowledge I do not have, and so would your pack and your children, on the reverse." 

"We wish to join you, to join Drageda. I have tended to my children, and the children of others before this journey. I know of pregnancy, and child birth and child rearing. I can offer those services, and my children are yet to be molded, blank slates with so much potential." She trails off, glancing towards her children again. She won't beg the woman, not because of pride but because she doesn't believe the woman would turn them away if they had space. Whatever Thuringwethil's decision may be, Asherah knows it had a reason behind it. She doesn't want to push her luck, or guilt the other. She must also protect her family, and the children she may be having.

Asherah swallows, mouth dry. She has nothing else to say, and must wait.

Messages In This Thread
Matthew 25:35 - by Asherah - March 14, 2017, 06:14 PM
RE: Matthew 25:35 - by Antumbra - March 14, 2017, 06:50 PM
RE: Matthew 25:35 - by Elohim - March 14, 2017, 09:31 PM
RE: Matthew 25:35 - by Asherah - March 17, 2017, 02:28 PM
RE: Matthew 25:35 - by Antumbra - March 19, 2017, 08:35 AM
RE: Matthew 25:35 - by Asherah - March 20, 2017, 05:56 PM
RE: Matthew 25:35 - by Elohim - March 20, 2017, 06:04 PM
RE: Matthew 25:35 - by Antumbra - March 21, 2017, 05:23 PM
RE: Matthew 25:35 - by Asherah - March 22, 2017, 05:32 PM
RE: Matthew 25:35 - by Elohim - March 22, 2017, 05:53 PM
RE: Matthew 25:35 - by Antumbra - March 25, 2017, 09:28 AM