Cassiopeia's View swallow my breath and take what is mine.
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
The entire sky was open tonight in a way that Liffey had not seen in many nights. The young girl treaded slowly across grounds that she paid little attention to. She was focussed on the mural painted above, and the longing that eminated inexplicably from within. After a while, the Blackthorn came upon the crest of a hill where finally, she decided to stop.

Liffey slid onto her stomach near the edge, her paws dangling over the precipice. She stared at the sky still, but her mind tugged at her. It willed her to allow it to wander away from her present surroundings to the the things she was trying to leave behind. Her mother, distant, and now about to detach likely entirely with her impending pregnancy. Her distance with the entire pack, which was something that had been cultivated many months ago.

The young wolf felt her eyes watering with emotion, and for a moment was surprised at this. That is, until she realized how stupid she was being... In all of her attempts to not think of the things she didn't want to think about, she had been sitting there thinking of them as part of her consideration of not  wanting to think of them. Liffey shut her eyes, feeling miserable and lost and lonely. But she took in a deep breath a moment later, then looked towards the stars once again with a fiery determination in her eyes as she steadied her emotions.

She would consider the stars, and not all of the things she was ignoring by her attention to them.
if I knew where I was going, I'd lose my way.
~•~
Messages In This Thread
swallow my breath and take what is mine. - by Liffey - March 24, 2017, 08:55 PM