Cassiopeia's View swallow my breath and take what is mine.
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
Liffey couldn't help but smirk as he spoke of his problems with their current location. She had always been rather fond of Bramblepoint. It was the first place she had ever gone outside of the Caldera. She had explored the place frequently when she was younger since it was near enough to go to and return home from within a day, but also far enough that it felt like she had gone to another world. She realized she hadn't been back there in quite some time though, and wondered at how much sooner she might have met this boy and his brothers had she continued to spend time in that forest...

Her thoughts on that topic were brief as Rannoch moved on, answering another of her questions with contemplative slowness. Liffey's eyes widened slightly when he eventually concluded that he was the one actually leading them. She was fairly impressed by this, but also had to wonder why it was only now he was determining it to be so. The sensible part of her saw this as a red flag, but her more rebellious nature thrilled at the one notion it seemed to speak of louder than anything else: Freedom.

Stars above, did Liffey crave freedom. To be able to come and go as she pleased. To have no one to answer to but wolves that saw her as an individual, maybe even an equal instead of some kid to order around and break promises to. To get out into the world, explore, experience new things and to find a place where she belonged. And most of all, to feel wanted...

As Rannoch admitted he wanted her to come with him, Liffey felt quite certain her heart was going to explode with glee. She saw him quirm with embarrassment and could only smile while stifling a giggle. In that moment, she wanted nothing more than to run home and tell her parents she was going and there was nothing they could do to stop her. Maybe she could even get Lagan to come with her, and maybe...

But Eljay.

The smile fell from her face at that very sobering thought. What would Eljay think? How would her big brother handle her leaving? And Lagan too, and Elwood? And... "I want to," she told Rannoch honestly, "It sounds like a dream. But I'd have to say good bye to my family. My brothers and my dad, and.. I don't think my mom would ever even speak to me again if I did it." Liffey paused, thinking about Finley with mixed emotions coursing through her. "My mom and I don't get along anymore. Maybe it would actually be better if I left, but I don't know. I think... I think that I have to think about it."

Liffey felt panic the moment her last words left her lips. She looked at Rannoch with worry on her face and an imploring look in her eyes. "Is that okay?" she asked him, uncertain of what she would do if he told her she had to decide now and very much afraid the opportunity would end up slipping out of her paws.
if I knew where I was going, I'd lose my way.
~•~
Messages In This Thread
swallow my breath and take what is mine. - by Liffey - March 24, 2017, 08:55 PM
RE: swallow my breath and take what is mine. - by Liffey - April 11, 2017, 08:44 PM