Redhawk Caldera your own story is the safest place you'll ever be.
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
Liffey had thought the worst person who could have found her in this state was Finley. While the disappointment on Elwood's face felt like a knife twisting in her heart, she trusted him not to give her the lecturing she knew she deserved. He knew she would punish herself for this plenty, so he let it go. Finley would have yelled. Elwood let silence speak for itself.

But then, Liffey heard her name being called. Her eyes widened as she looked up and saw Eljay coming towards them with worry and fear in his mournful eyes. Her tears returned and she swallowed the lump in her throat. Eljay, who was terrified of stepping outside of the Caldera because he believed the rest of the world was so dangerous, had to see her like this. She was walking confirmation of his worst fears and anxieties.

She hung her head again and looked away, letting Elwood speak for her. She wanted to crawl straight into a hole and die.
if I knew where I was going, I'd lose my way.
~•~
Messages In This Thread
RE: your own story is the safest place you'll ever be. - by Liffey - April 15, 2017, 01:24 PM