Firefly Glen the mood it changes like the wind
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
The telling of her story - however synopsis in nature - threatened to drag her into the sullen introspection that often came along with reminiscing about what had happened. She missed her family terribly still and wanted nothing more than to see them again, but she only wanted it without the angst and guilt of having abandoned them the way she had. That simply wasn't possible, though. If she went home, she would be faced with her family's disappointment and anger. She couldn't handle it yet, for her own guilt at hurting them could still be strong enough to keep her there and make her abandon this pack instead.  No, it was better to stay away for the time-being. Someday...

Liffey focussed on Rian's response to draw her back from her memories and wishful longing. It seemed he had a similar story. Not just him, but many of them. His awkward back-pedaling made her smile and she shook her head. "It's okay, I know what you mean," she reassured him, "It sucks to feel like you don't belong, but I also think it's kind of.. okay. My older brother is glued to my family's pack - he never leaves the territory even. I'm sure he's happy that way, but his world is just so small. I can't imagine living like that. I think it's better to find your own way in life and make what you want of it, even when it's uncomfortable or scary or..."

Liffey paused, realizing she was rambling and potentially overstepping. She glanced at Rian and smiled apologetically. "I'm rambling," she informed him, as though he didn't know. She ducked her head slightly, gently chuckling at herself.
if I knew where I was going, I'd lose my way.
~•~
Messages In This Thread
the mood it changes like the wind - by Rian - April 23, 2017, 07:05 PM
RE: the mood it changes like the wind - by Liffey - April 23, 2017, 07:26 PM
RE: the mood it changes like the wind - by Rian - May 01, 2017, 06:05 PM
RE: the mood it changes like the wind - by Liffey - May 01, 2017, 07:30 PM
RE: the mood it changes like the wind - by Rian - May 15, 2017, 04:29 PM
RE: the mood it changes like the wind - by Liffey - May 16, 2017, 06:29 PM
RE: the mood it changes like the wind - by Rian - May 17, 2017, 01:09 AM
RE: the mood it changes like the wind - by Liffey - May 21, 2017, 10:24 AM
RE: the mood it changes like the wind - by Rian - May 21, 2017, 03:26 PM
RE: the mood it changes like the wind - by Liffey - May 21, 2017, 07:32 PM