Dragoncrest Cliffs I was lightning before the thunder
461 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Birdcatcher
Warrior
Although he was perplexed by the change in scenery, Artaax never once felt frightened – he scarcely did in the presence of either or both of his mothers. His young, impressionable mind couldn’t understand why the family had ventured into strange lands. He knew for certain they’d never traveled this far from their den before.

While his senses were overtaken by the unfamiliarity, he bumped into both Wildfire’s legs and his siblings’ toddling bodies. It was hard for him to pay attention to where he was going while he gazed dreamily about his surroundings.

As his mother spoke, the boy’s gaze caught a flicker of movement in the shadows that lie ahead. He missed his mother’s words completely as he shimmied forward to position himself between her forelimbs to get a better look. Whoever or whatever the creature was, they looked somewhat like Wildfire and Blixen.

Artaax didn’t quite grasp the concept of stranger danger yet and he knew that if someone resembled family, they must be worth acknowledging. “HEY!” hollered the youngster, his boyish vocals piercing the otherwise tranquil quietness of the forest.
Messages In This Thread
I was lightning before the thunder - by Wildfire - May 08, 2017, 11:50 AM
RE: I was lightning before the thunder - by Anatha - May 08, 2017, 01:29 PM
RE: I was lightning before the thunder - by Artaax - May 08, 2017, 07:58 PM
RE: I was lightning before the thunder - by Wildfire - May 10, 2017, 10:44 AM
RE: I was lightning before the thunder - by Antumbra - May 10, 2017, 11:19 AM
RE: I was lightning before the thunder - by Anatha - May 11, 2017, 04:19 PM
RE: I was lightning before the thunder - by Blixen - May 15, 2017, 08:48 PM
RE: I was lightning before the thunder - by Artaax - May 16, 2017, 05:41 PM
RE: I was lightning before the thunder - by Wildfire - May 17, 2017, 09:15 AM
RE: I was lightning before the thunder - by Antumbra - May 21, 2017, 04:28 PM