Dragoncrest Cliffs Finally I can join my family.
warbringer
454 Posts
Ooc — romanova
Guardian
Tactician
;-;

[table width=85%][tr][td]
Eske moves through the familiar territory of Drageda in search of Kendra. It is with the older girl that the Cheka elects to spend as much of her down time when Heda does not need her with and she has prepared another hunting lesson for them. Her scent is as familiar to Eske as her own and she follows the trail that Kendra leaves at a leisurely pace. Eventually, along the path Portia’s scent crossed with Kendra’s which did not strike Eske as particularly odd. After all, the pair shared a common interest and for a split second the Cheka hesitated not wanting to intrude upon them as they talked about their plants. Conversations that went way over Eske’s head, but of which she was always a willing participant if only to see how it light up Kendra’s face as she spoke about them. In the end, there was a intuitive nagging in her gut that told her to continue on. When she found the end of the trail …she was not prepared. Her eyes go to Kendra first and Eske’s body freezes, going cold as she stares at the unnatural and eerie stillness of Kendra. She knows what it means even as her heart vehemently denies it. She is a warrior, she is a huntress. She has seen (and caused) plenty of death to know when she is looking upon a corpse. For a moment that feels like a lifetime she is emotionless in her shock, and numb. Until she is not. It comes rushing upon her like an unbidden tsunami that crashes upon her with a raw “No!” choked off in a violent sob that hurts her rib cage. She rushes forward, blind to Portia’s presence as she closes the distance between Kendra’s body and her own. “Kendra,” She is shivering as she tries to suppress the hard sobs that come from deep within her. She licks the older girl’s cheek, and nudges her muzzle knowing that it is too late. She presses the crown of her head to Kendra’s and sobs until she cannot draw a proper breath. “Bring her back, Portia. Bring her back.” She demands in hiccups in-between uncontrolled sobs knowing that there was no reviving her. Kendra was gone and she took a fair chunk of Eske’s heart with her. She feels it's absence with a sharpness that further robs her of breath.
[/td][/tr][/table]
roangeda · green-lit

trigedasleng
— your hands are wet with the blood
of an empire. you lick it off.
Messages In This Thread
Finally I can join my family. - by Kendra - May 12, 2017, 09:53 AM
RE: Finally I can join my family. - by Portia - May 12, 2017, 11:14 AM
RE: Finally I can join my family. - by RIP Blodreina - May 12, 2017, 04:36 PM
RE: Finally I can join my family. - by Portia - May 13, 2017, 09:59 AM
RE: Finally I can join my family. - by RIP Blodreina - May 14, 2017, 06:22 PM
RE: Finally I can join my family. - by Antumbra - May 14, 2017, 09:55 PM