Dragoncrest Cliffs Finally I can join my family.
warbringer
454 Posts
Ooc — romanova
Guardian
Tactician
[table width=85%][tr][td]
Kendra’s flesh grows cold, the warmth quickly leeching from her body in her death, her grief preoccupying her that she almost forgets Portia is even there regardless that she had just plead for the healer to bring Kendra back to her seconds — or was it a lifetime? — ago? She is startled when she feels warmth and rises her head from where she has pressed it against Kendra’s to look at Portia realizing sluggishly with a rough hiccup of breath as she tries to regain control of it and calm herself down. The older woman presses against her, even offering her gentle licks that causes Eske’s lips to tremble and the ripping sobs to start all over again. In any normal circumstance Eske would have been her usual aggressive self and snapped Portia away but instead she leaned into her. Her emotional strength is gone and all she can do is feel the infinite numb of her limbs and the harsh, unrelenting heartbreak at losing someone she truly, deeply cared for. She does not know Portia well but in that moment Eske realizes that she is grateful for Portia’s presence and that she needs her. “Why?” She manages after a struggle. Why did this have to happen? Why Kendra? Why couldn’t Portia save her? Why? Eske does not seek answers of course. She knows what Portia is telling her. She knows you cannot bring back what is dead. Eske knows this but her heart combats her logic. “It’s not fair Portia. It’s not f-fair.” She draws in a deep breath and holds it and lets it out, repeating this process a few times until she feels she has herself under some semblance of control; because she has to be in control. She has duties to return to. She has to figure out what they are going to do with the body because Eske wasn't just going to let Kendra's body for the scavengers.
[/td][/tr][/table]
roangeda · green-lit

trigedasleng
— your hands are wet with the blood
of an empire. you lick it off.
Messages In This Thread
Finally I can join my family. - by Kendra - May 12, 2017, 09:53 AM
RE: Finally I can join my family. - by Portia - May 12, 2017, 11:14 AM
RE: Finally I can join my family. - by RIP Blodreina - May 12, 2017, 04:36 PM
RE: Finally I can join my family. - by Portia - May 13, 2017, 09:59 AM
RE: Finally I can join my family. - by RIP Blodreina - May 14, 2017, 06:22 PM
RE: Finally I can join my family. - by Antumbra - May 14, 2017, 09:55 PM