Altar of Twilight i painted you a picture, but it never looked right
you ain't seen nothing like me yet
391 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Botanist
Surely her heart would burst. Surely there would be a moment where the frantic sensation would overwhelm her and take her under. She held her breath as the moment spread among them all, the burden no greater on any of their shoulders than on that of Sirius'. She wanted to rush forward and take him to her breast, protect him from the horrid reality that they had forced upon them but she could not. Providing her strength would be greater than anything else she could do for him and so she watched. She waited. She could feel the tension in Sirius, knowing him as well as she did, and when he said Mama and looked to her she reached down to press a little kiss to his brow in encouragement. 

She had not breathed, it felt, since they had arrived and she could not manage her words or thoughts save for watching intently. Cassiopeia stepped forward to do what the adults could scarcely do and bridged the space between them. Sirius was not deterred, and her heart soared, but her little cherub was not afraid. Not of this at least. Even as Dakarai met her eyes Hemlock scarcely paid him attention, even in his gratitude. She was watching the children, swallowing thickly. Had Arturo not been there Hemlock could not have imagined the strength it would have taken. She only was aware that he was closer to her, and she relished the support that they provided each other. There were few things that she had not found herself an aligned unit with when it came to Arturo and in this they were exceptionally aligned. 

Hemlock would have lost no sleep keeping Sirius safe and sound in Teaghlaigh, not when it would provide him a safe haven and protection against the folly of his parents. Hemlock moved a slight bit closer to the warmth Arturo provided, their coats mingling a bit but still save for a glance, her green eyes were solely on Sirius. 

available for naturalist and medical threads just tag her!
i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.

[Image: naturalist_master.gif] 12/20
Messages In This Thread