Wheeling Gull Isle i must go down to the seas again
\\ || //
151 Posts
Ooc — Rachel

Timing can be a funny thing. In so many instances, it didn’t make sense and appeared to be random. But other instances, it was difficult to believe timing wasn’t intentional — but, by who’s intent? It was true; no other hand had as much control over divine timing as did the Gods. The hurricane was a godlike power; such voltage could certainly not be mortal. It was a power that did not die, but simply transformed into another state and moved on — and it left many souls behind; born of its wake. The fact that he happened to know several of those souls was clearly an act of god. 

He could not understand why the omnipresent beings wished for them to reunite and remain here, of all places. Though the Cortens were fond of the coast and its waters, but such a trait failed to rub off on the earthstalker — and the reasoning for it was lost upon him! But Komodo was a god-fearing wolf and, since their initial stranding, had made several sacrifices in order to glimpse at their reasoning and request —nay, beg — for an escape route.

So every day Komodo ventured to the beach to see if the land bridge had resurfaced, or if the currents had quieted enough to entertaining swimmers, but neither ever did. So the shaman would simply gaze at the waters, made uncomfortable by the definite edges of land.  On the mainland, borders were simply terms universally agreed upon by all of wolfkind… but here, the border was tangible and distinctly real. 

and this time, he was not alone.

He chuckle danced on his lips as Coelacanth burst into a joyous dance. Axolotl, a stoic man, was with her. Komodo padded towards the group, very interested in sharing their company. As the man approached, he called out to the two. “Yer gonna break one a’those skinny legs a’yers,” he chuffed, ears perked forward and shoulder slackened good naturedly. As the man drew nearer, he slowed, not trying to startle the oft-feral girl or overstep Axolotl. He did not see the flash of red; the new girl upon the island.

”Can’t believe i’m layin’ eyes on you two,” he drawled honestly. His gaze moved to hold the Atlanian’s own. ”Ixchel’s here, y’know?”

night clubs & night stalkers
fast women, fast talkers
loose lips, loose limbs
the lovely loveless

Messages In This Thread
i must go down to the seas again - by Coelacanth - June 13, 2017, 09:50 PM
RE: i must go down to the seas again - by Axolotl - June 15, 2017, 03:39 PM
RE: i must go down to the seas again - by Maera - June 17, 2017, 02:47 PM
RE: i must go down to the seas again - by Komodo - June 17, 2017, 05:02 PM
RE: i must go down to the seas again - by Coelacanth - June 30, 2017, 07:25 PM