Northstar Vale at night, we name every star
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
Liffey hadn't anticipated that this night would be unlike any other. It was for that reason she had decided against making the trip to her stargazing ledge, opting instead to lay in the open fields with her nose pointed skyward like she so often had in the past. Her heart didn't quite feel as in it tonight as usual. Though her eyes were lifted to the heavens, the twinkling lights were just scattered blurs in her periphery. She saw only the things inside her mind as sleep began to take her.

The delta's eyelids had begun to drift when a streak across the sky caused her to snap back to attention. She canted her head curiously as she watched the dark palette overhead, wondering if she'd just imagined it or... Another star fell, then another, and another. Her eyes widened as she watched the night dance for her in bittersweet awe, for as spectacular as it was, all she could think of was the story her mother used to tell them about shooting stars, and the promise she had once made to take Liffey on a hunt for the falling lights that felt so unlikely to ever be kept.
if I knew where I was going, I'd lose my way.
~•~
Messages In This Thread
at night, we name every star - by ThE nArRaToR - July 01, 2017, 09:34 AM
RE: at night, we name every star - by Liffey - July 01, 2017, 10:07 AM
RE: at night, we name every star - by rip gemini - July 08, 2017, 12:22 PM
RE: at night, we name every star - by Liffey - July 08, 2017, 05:46 PM
RE: at night, we name every star - by Liffey - July 24, 2017, 05:13 PM
RE: at night, we name every star - by Liffey - July 24, 2017, 07:27 PM
RE: at night, we name every star - by Liffey - August 13, 2017, 03:22 PM