Wheeling Gull Isle can't touch it with your two hands, can't find it with your third eye
\\ || //
151 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
I am sorry for the long wait ;___;

Axolotl rebuffed his  critiques — this was not a surprise to Komodo, given his recent backfiring against simple acts that had since been deemed assumptive. The brute stood still as he listened to the man, drew in every word and committing it to memory, knowing that if he and Axolotl were to coexist, Komodo must cater [somewhat] to the Atlantian’s volatility. He needed to know Axolotl, and Axolotl was not making it much too easy. The man glanced once more at Cascada, hoping to glean her thoughts on this interaction from her facial expressions.

Combined leadership. Now there was an idea that appealed to Komodo.  He had never pictured himself as the head of a group of wolves — he was the earthstalker, after all — but the universe saw fit to place him here. He was no more experienced at this than any of the other stormborn wolves, but he was uncharacteristically enchanted with the thought of it. Even more uncharacteristically, he welcomed the help. 

Komodo smoothed the pricking pelt along his spine, as it had awakened in his chastisement. His unwavering, guided gaze held Axolotl’s.  “Aye — there’s time for learning still. Ah’must learn too. I don’t think any of us were ready for… this.” It was a rare moment of vulnerability, when the man let other glimpse his insecurities. He hoped it would be appreciated. None of them were perfect.

“That’s an idea… a savvy idea; but a house divided against itself cannot stand.”

It was a phrase that Komodo had heard many times before, but was extremely true at that moment; in this situation. He felt the need to elaborate. “I will not be undermined by a man who’s greener than grass.” Again, Komodo was not sure where he got this idea from — the idea that Axolotl was somehow much younger and more inexperienced than he — but it was an idea he held about most wolves he encounter. Many were soft and bent under pressure; the health and wellness of the pack as a whole could not be sacrificed to one wolf's inflated intentions. “ ‘long as Axolotl can concede his egotism to th’greater good,”  Komodo huffed. He needed to concede his pride as well. “then I can serve alongside yuh. Both uh’yuh.”
night clubs & night stalkers
fast women, fast talkers
loose lips, loose limbs
the lovely loveless

Messages In This Thread
RE: can't touch it with your two hands, can't find it with your third eye - by Komodo - July 18, 2017, 11:29 AM