Blackfeather Woods hang your head upon my throne
in our town the hangman came, smelling of gold, blood and flame
390 Posts
Ooc — jal
Away
To his surprise, his mother does not agree. His eyes narrow, unaccustomed to the tone she takes, the defensive words she speaks against him, and he ponders this new situation. Never would he take to raise a claw against the woman who held him within her, protecting him while he could not himself, however, he favors his Gods above any mortal. They have given him this task, but she does not yet understand the necessity of his beliefs. Perhaps he cannot blame her, it is such a tricky thing to understand. He will make her see.

"New blood is what has ruined us, time and time again," He snarls in defense, referring to the string of incompetent leaders and that of their current "dark mistress". None could deny the fact, it had been those not of the Night Mother's blood that nearly shattered their world where they stood. Nemesis, Atshen, Astrid, and even more he did not know of. Vaati had not been around to witness it all, but he had been alive for only a few short months to play bystander to the havoc created by feuding families. Perhaps the only solution was to simply rid their grounds of what was not needed; those who stood to oppose the Spiderling's claim to the throne. It was his birthright, the confessed reason why he was brought into this world, spoken from the mouth of his own mother. "And now she sits on a throne meant for me, meant for us. Is that not why you birthed us, mother?" He challenges her judgment with her own words, words that he was not meant to hear but did so anyway. "Should the title not have then been passed down to you, by blood?" It was an undeniable claim, Astrid had stolen the title of the forests commander right from under their feet. She was not his uncle's wife but his plaything, whereas Vaati was the first born son; his mother, the High Priestess. It is an injustice, a crime, and one way or another, he will make his mother see... if she has not already.
for the sins of the unworthy
must be baptized in blood & fear
Messages In This Thread
hang your head upon my throne - by Vaati - July 04, 2017, 01:02 PM
RE: hang your head upon my throne - by Potema - July 05, 2017, 07:35 AM
RE: hang your head upon my throne - by Vaati - July 05, 2017, 10:43 PM
RE: hang your head upon my throne - by Potema - July 06, 2017, 11:47 PM
RE: hang your head upon my throne - by Vaati - July 19, 2017, 03:17 PM
RE: hang your head upon my throne - by Potema - July 25, 2017, 12:20 AM
RE: hang your head upon my throne - by Vaati - August 16, 2017, 05:40 PM
RE: hang your head upon my throne - by Potema - August 22, 2017, 12:25 AM
RE: hang your head upon my throne - by Vaati - August 24, 2017, 09:31 PM