Northstar Vale i've stared into that darkness, leaned in to it
on my teeth
220 Posts
Ooc — Laur
It was only due to Rannoch's teachings of the borders did Redshank find himself often loping along them. He would have otherwise paid no mind to the outskirts of their territory, but had become increasingly more interested in idea of the borders. Or, rather, what was outside of the borders. He would frequently stare out at the lands beyond their claim, his trips outside the Vale stretching further and further away. However, he always would return; this was his home.

So when he came across a foreign smell, he was instantly on guard. The fur along his nape stood on end and, with a snarl, the boy took off, following the scent along their perimeters.

He wasn't the first to come across the stranger. At the sight of the older boy — whom he did not know, but at least he bore Northstar Vale's scent — Redshank bounded up to his side and stood, teeth bared. He didn't cut the same intimidating figure Rannoch had, nor did he have the calm, almost regal presence that his fellow packmate commanded, but he glared at the foreign boy all the same. "Yeah, what d'you want?" he snapped, a harsh contrast to the other's more gentle, deep tone.
Messages In This Thread
RE: i've stared into that darkness, leaned in to it - by Redshank - July 09, 2017, 10:24 AM