Northstar Vale i've stared into that darkness, leaned in to it
in our town the hangman came, smelling of gold, blood and flame
390 Posts
Ooc — jal
Away
sorry for the wait!

He shrinks back under the scrutiny of their gaze, primarily, the one that comes from a man who lacks a certain empathy that Vaati would have expected. Mato (the name unknown to him) talks of what Vaati should have done and what he did not do, and Vaati finds himself casting his eyes away... not out of shame - though they may interpret it as that - but out of anger. Internally, he sneers, discontent with the lack of respect that should be rightfully shown, but hides it well under a mask of a frail, timid, lost boy in the company of those he fears. But yet, he latches on to the information the two absentmindedly present before him; Rannoch, assumed leader, territorial, young followers. It is small information, but information nonetheless and he moves to speak once more. "I'm looking for home... Rannoch?" His brow raises in question, innocent curiosity; he looks to the boy who spoke of him. Unknowingly this is the burly, all too caring man he had come across once upon a time, and know immediately this is where he would like to know more. From what he can tell, they are a more recent pack, their borders are fresh and smell rather temporary in comparison to Blackfeather's borders that have been there so long that the scent seems to dig itself into the ground. It is likely those in his home are completely unaware that they reside in the Vale, and thus, his journey would prove useful no matter the outcome of Mato's suspicion. Perhaps this would prove to be more difficult than he imagined if one of them had a competent enough mind.
for the sins of the unworthy
must be baptized in blood & fear
Messages In This Thread
RE: i've stared into that darkness, leaned in to it - by Vaati - August 16, 2017, 06:00 PM