Dragoncrest Cliffs you taught me the courage of stars
warbringer
454 Posts
Ooc — romanova
Guardian
Tactician
thank you for joining!

Eske does not think anything about this will be easy, because she was never groomed for this. She wasn’t Freyja. She has no eloquence with words nor a diplomatic disposition … but she assures herself that it’s only temporary. That Heda will recover in time and will resume her mantle once more but in the meantime it falls to Eske to make sure that in the meantime she tries to act as Heda would and keeps the worry from Thuringwethil’s shoulders. She does not need to worry while she is so ill, nor while she recovers. Steps falter for a moment as a figure approaches her, and it is little more than base instinct that causes her hackles to bristle along her spine for a moment before sea blue-green gaze realizes the figure is familiar, as is her scent taken in as Eske sniffs the air. Her hackles smooth back down, as realization truly sinks in. They’d met before, once. After the storm when she and Arlo ventured out to ensure that the Nereides were truly gone as was claimed.

Eske had been standoffish to the woman at the time: a necessary evil, she believes ( but in truth Eske is standoffish to anyone she doesn’t know ) and not one that Eske is willing to apologize for; regardless that is in the past and it appears as if Shalon is now apart of Drageda. It is rare, the Drakru thinks, that two wolves are offered a second chance to start again. Maybe not to erase first impressions — though Shalon had been cooperative and in base truth Eske holds nothing against her — but to be able to look past them and form new opinions. “Shalon,” The Fleimkepa returns in greeting, salmon pink tongue drawing across her jowls. “No,” Eske responds, seeking to assure Shalon that there are no hard feelings on her end. “We were both doing what we needed to do at the time.” And that was that.

“How are you settling into Drageda?” Eske inquires, her curiosity genuine as she invites the older woman to join her on her patrol with a slight inclination of her head in invitation.
roangeda · green-lit

trigedasleng
— your hands are wet with the blood
of an empire. you lick it off.
Messages In This Thread
you taught me the courage of stars - by RIP Blodreina - August 10, 2017, 04:06 PM
RE: you taught me the courage of stars - by Shalon - August 10, 2017, 11:49 PM
RE: you taught me the courage of stars - by RIP Blodreina - August 11, 2017, 04:06 AM
RE: you taught me the courage of stars - by Shalon - August 11, 2017, 09:52 AM
RE: you taught me the courage of stars - by RIP Blodreina - August 11, 2017, 01:54 PM
RE: you taught me the courage of stars - by Shalon - August 11, 2017, 03:29 PM
RE: you taught me the courage of stars - by RIP Blodreina - August 12, 2017, 04:51 AM
RE: you taught me the courage of stars - by Shalon - August 12, 2017, 12:45 PM
RE: you taught me the courage of stars - by RIP Blodreina - August 14, 2017, 04:15 AM
RE: you taught me the courage of stars - by Shalon - August 14, 2017, 11:35 AM
RE: you taught me the courage of stars - by RIP Blodreina - August 14, 2017, 04:36 PM
RE: you taught me the courage of stars - by Shalon - August 14, 2017, 11:38 PM
RE: you taught me the courage of stars - by RIP Blodreina - August 17, 2017, 03:38 AM
RE: you taught me the courage of stars - by Shalon - August 17, 2017, 09:58 PM