Blackfoot Forest somewhere inside, I hope you still see me just the way I was before I walked away
you are loved, you are loved more than you know
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Private 
@Kove :D Are you okay with backdating this to around the 5th or so? I'm hoping to jump in on Xan's thread as well, so that is why (: also, long title is long, but I really liked it, so... there we go... haha!

The forest was alive with sound and, being herself a creature of the night, she could name them for what they were. Foxes, and many. They struck more of a curiosity in her than a fear, and when each cry went up, Nanook tried to distinguish the voices apart. Over the nights with no one else to keep her company, she had found that like wolves, the collective of all creatures were made of individuals. When she had come to see that, she had come to see that like wolves, too, each individual had their own look, their own noise, their own self, and the revelation made her wonder what else they shared in common.

These thoughts busied her mind, while she kept the rest of herself occupied by snailing along the mountainside that hugged the forest's western edge. She had been near mountains times enough to know the secrets of some - the hidden labyrinths and dark corridors she'd sometimes called home - and she wondered if she would find any here. The peek of dawn filtered through the thick canopy above, but in the shade of the forest, the vagrant, save for the twin fires scoring every crevice of stone, melted with the shadows of the rock.
with every heartbeat I have left
I will defend your every breath, I promise
I'll do better