Dragoncrest Cliffs there's nothing in this world i wouldn't do.
461 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Birdcatcher
Warrior
Bobby offered some advice, and fortunately, Artaax was too preoccupied with solving the problem at hand to be annoyed at how obvious a comment it was. "Yeah, sound scares prey away," the pale goufa commented, still staring at the ducks, "Not just ducks, but all of them." He had learned that lesson on his own long ago as a much tinier pup, chasing after squirrels and yowling obnoxiously as he did so. Prey animals were naturally designed to run from noise, just as hunters were naturally designed to chase them. That was why Artaax spent so much of his time trying to achieve silence with every step of his paws.

He was distracted by his thoughts by Bobby's next comment. He looked at his brother, tilting his head and frowning slightly. "Yes I will," he replied confidently, finding it surprising that the other boy thought there was even a possibility that he wouldn't. "There's gotta be a way. We just have to think of it," he said, turning back again as his eyes narrowed thoughtfully.

Bobby, meanwhile, rolled his eyes at his brother - determining that this would be another of Artaax's failed bird hunts and he didn't have the energy for it today. He wished the pale goufa good luck before departing. Artaax barely noticed as he began to prowl across the shoreline again. In the end, it would indeed be another failed bird hunt to add to his record, but any chance he had to study and develop potential tactics was not entirely a waste to the aspiring hunter. It did still feel crappy to head back to hougeda with nothing to offer his packmates, but he resolved to do better tomorrow with what he had learned today.

Messages In This Thread
there's nothing in this world i wouldn't do. - by Artaax - August 15, 2017, 03:22 PM
RE: there's nothing in this world i wouldn't do. - by Artaax - August 28, 2017, 05:05 PM