Neverwinter Forest painted the hunger onto my skin
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
Private 
for @Miyako; this doesn't have to be a hunting thread, by the way, haha, i just ran out of idea for thread starters. xD

Drogon had entered Neverwinter Forest — full of towering sentinels and evergreen pines — when he’d first crossed the paths of a deer, leading him into the depths and towards the heart of the pine forest. Dried, browned needles litter the floor of the forest and occasionally jab at the crevices between his paw pads causing him to let out a low hiss at the discomfort and pause to pick them out with his teeth, spitting the foul tasting needles back out. He paused in his pursuit of the deer trail ( for he is not driven by excessive hunger and knows, even if he would have been he is not enough to take down a deer alone ) to bathe in the freshwater source that runs through the sentinel and evergreen forest. The water has been cool as it saturated his rich pelage and his fur feels cleaner than it has in many weeks. Likely, he looks a lot better than he has in weeks. Dragon had spent enough time alone that he ceased his vanity and ceased caring about how he looked to others.

His fur is still damp where it is thickest and longest as he resumes his tracking but it is dry enough that it no longer bothers him, nor weighs him down; the advantage to being freshly clean is his scent has mingled with the forests’ and he hopes it might better conceal him from the herd — for he realizes as he peers through thick foliage to where a herd grazed leisurely that the deer had met up with them. If only, he thinks with disdain, getting into a wolf pack was that easy. For a moment, the tundrian is almost envious of it. He crouches down to study the herd, looking for a particularly young or elderly deer that might make a choice target whilst contemplating if he does find one if he might be able to take it down by his lonesome.
Messages In This Thread
painted the hunger onto my skin - by RIP Wintersbane - September 10, 2017, 11:04 AM
RE: painted the hunger onto my skin - by Miyako - September 10, 2017, 12:04 PM
RE: painted the hunger onto my skin - by RIP Wintersbane - September 10, 2017, 03:16 PM
RE: painted the hunger onto my skin - by Miyako - September 11, 2017, 07:55 PM
RE: painted the hunger onto my skin - by RIP Wintersbane - September 13, 2017, 03:35 AM
RE: painted the hunger onto my skin - by Miyako - September 13, 2017, 08:20 PM
RE: painted the hunger onto my skin - by RIP Wintersbane - September 15, 2017, 04:02 PM
RE: painted the hunger onto my skin - by Miyako - September 15, 2017, 04:33 PM
RE: painted the hunger onto my skin - by RIP Wintersbane - September 15, 2017, 06:07 PM
RE: painted the hunger onto my skin - by Miyako - September 15, 2017, 06:40 PM
RE: painted the hunger onto my skin - by RIP Wintersbane - September 16, 2017, 04:14 AM
RE: painted the hunger onto my skin - by Miyako - September 16, 2017, 03:25 PM
RE: painted the hunger onto my skin - by RIP Wintersbane - September 17, 2017, 04:01 AM
RE: painted the hunger onto my skin - by Miyako - September 18, 2017, 12:21 PM
RE: painted the hunger onto my skin - by RIP Wintersbane - September 19, 2017, 05:44 PM
RE: painted the hunger onto my skin - by Miyako - September 22, 2017, 01:17 AM
RE: painted the hunger onto my skin - by RIP Wintersbane - September 22, 2017, 02:30 AM
RE: painted the hunger onto my skin - by Miyako - September 24, 2017, 10:54 AM