Moonspear all i heard, all that sound.
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
In the end, Alya offered an answer to only one of the questions she'd asked. Liffey stared at the other girl, confusion written plainly upon her face. He decided to join Moonspear? She glanced from one dark face to the other, her anxiety stilling as she finally recognized the current underlying the other female's words. Her features fell as she recognition hit her, but not because she at all suspected that what Alya claimed was true, but because she knew that it wasn't, and for some reason, these two were lying to her.

Liffey had never been great at social interactions, and she had always been nervous regarding conflict of any kind. In this, though, she felt completely calm as she looked again at Alya and responded. "That's true enough," she replied, confidence glinting in her voice, though she frowned, "Though I'm still confused. Why would he join your pack? Meaning no offense, of course, but he is a leader and he worked very hard to find a home for all of us." She paused, a note of uncertainty sending the tiniest of splinters into her confidence before she added, "...Is Cypress here too?"

She scented no trace of him, and it didn't seem likely.. But Liffey truly was a kind-hearted creature, and deep down, she yearned to give the benefit of the doubt to these girls. It was inconceivable that Rannoch would abandon the Vale and join Moonspear for any reason at all, but there was one exception to this truth: Cypress. If he was here and he needed his brother for any reason, then Rannoch would be here too, and that would be the one situation that would lend truth to what the sisters were telling her.

In spite of how it would hurt to know Rannoch had completely abandoned her for his brother, the Blackthorn found herself hoping that was the case. It would mean that her former saviours were not lying to her now, and more important, that Cypress was safe - a worthwhile trade, in her opinion.
if I knew where I was going, I'd lose my way.
~•~
Messages In This Thread
all i heard, all that sound. - by Liffey - September 22, 2017, 05:11 PM
RE: all i heard, all that sound. - by Alya - September 23, 2017, 04:34 PM
RE: all i heard, all that sound. - by Liffey - September 24, 2017, 05:25 PM
RE: all i heard, all that sound. - by Alya - September 24, 2017, 05:56 PM
RE: all i heard, all that sound. - by Liffey - September 24, 2017, 06:21 PM
RE: all i heard, all that sound. - by Alya - September 24, 2017, 07:30 PM
RE: all i heard, all that sound. - by Liffey - September 24, 2017, 08:13 PM
RE: all i heard, all that sound. - by Alya - September 24, 2017, 08:35 PM
RE: all i heard, all that sound. - by Rannoch’s Ghost - September 24, 2017, 09:26 PM
RE: all i heard, all that sound. - by Charon - September 25, 2017, 02:27 AM
RE: all i heard, all that sound. - by Lyra - September 25, 2017, 09:22 AM
RE: all i heard, all that sound. - by Liffey - September 25, 2017, 06:26 PM
RE: all i heard, all that sound. - by Alya - September 26, 2017, 01:44 AM
RE: all i heard, all that sound. - by Rannoch’s Ghost - September 26, 2017, 12:37 PM
RE: all i heard, all that sound. - by Charon - September 27, 2017, 04:40 AM
RE: all i heard, all that sound. - by Liffey - September 27, 2017, 08:48 AM
RE: all i heard, all that sound. - by Rannoch’s Ghost - September 27, 2017, 09:45 AM
RE: all i heard, all that sound. - by Charon - September 28, 2017, 02:40 AM
RE: all i heard, all that sound. - by Liffey - September 29, 2017, 11:48 AM
RE: all i heard, all that sound. - by Rannoch’s Ghost - October 06, 2017, 09:39 AM
RE: all i heard, all that sound. - by Charon - October 23, 2017, 03:14 PM
RE: all i heard, all that sound. - by Liffey - October 29, 2017, 06:54 PM