Moonspear do not be afraid to destroy
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
“Kind of. They’re sort of more like a …commander? They give the commands of the Gods, I guess.” Drogon didn’t know it all in and out: he’d only been there for a month, perhaps more. It’d been enough time to gleam some information, at least. It likely didn’t help that Drogon wanted to roll his own eyes every-time someone mentioned a “god” because he simply couldn’t make himself believe in something that he couldn’t physically see and touch. “They kept a lot of secrets even from their own pack. There was something called the Dark Brotherhood and unless you’re in that super secret boyband club you were essentially kept in the dark on a lot of things.” Drogon’s cannot help his own snicker. His analytical mind can already see how that could work against them. Who wants to take up arms and fight ( or die ) for a leadership that withholds information from the bulk of their people? Blackfeather’s time in glory has come and it has gone and it’s time they realize they are far from the big bad they desperately try to convince themselves that they are. Time has moved on from them and their relevance has long since fled in the tundrian’s mind. When Drogon’d been with them: they’d barely been hanging on, on the cusp of extinction. “Yes. They are acclaimed masters of secrets and whispers. The element of surprise would seem to be all they have.” Yet, Drogon is hesitant to say that with absolute certainty because as a warrior he knows that it’s important not to underestimate your enemy and he’s already told her that there was much that was kept from him. “Even if it’s true it doesn’t mean that they will not fight like men with nothing left to lose.” And those were the most dangerous.

Drogon’s ears pivoted atop his skull and he let out a contemplative noise in his throat as Hydra replayed the other boy’s fighting tendency to him. “Ironic, how arrogance would have appeared to fuel his recklessness when it appeared he was winning only to revert to cowardice when he stood no chance of it, when his consequence came face to face with him.” Was preservation of one’s own life a cowardice? Depends upon what time the tundrian was asked it. It was the basis of all instincts: survival, after all. Sometimes, Drogon thinks: it is good to swallow pride and arrogance in order of survival. Still, he would judge the other boy’s flight as cowardice: escaping the consequences of his reckless actions. “The question is: would he have learned from his encounter with the mighty Cerberus,” He offers Hydra what he hopes is a charming smile. “or would he attack again with the same arrogance and reckless abandon?” Without a confrontation of his own it would be hard for Drogon to work that out with confidence. It toes the dangerous line between overestimating and underestimating. He desires to be tactician but wonders how deep under cover he would have to go to learn his enemy in and out. He has the element of complete anonymity on his side, after all. He looks nothing like the cream puff child that Nyx had taken in. He could do it, if he is careful. If he is clever. He is the nightingale’s son, after all, and she played her roles so well.

“I look nothing like the frightened child that Nyx had taken in. My fur has changed colors with age. I don’t even sound the same anymore, do not go by the same name that I had then,” Oh! But he is excited by the prospect of it, his blood laced with the ghosting of adrenaline. “He’s too much of a wildcard. I detested him so I did not meet with him a second time. That was my error. What is that saying? Keep your friends close but your enemies closer? I could do it. I could learn how he operates, what drives him, find out if he’s learned anything or if his arrogance and superiority will still drive him. I can’t hope to be a good tactician if I do not get my paws dirty.” It was borderline spy, in actuality: but he couldn’t strategize without something concrete to go on, as far as he’s concerned; and he’s willing. Willing to risk a face to face encounter ( if not going deeper than that ) if it means he can get her the information that she and Cerberus needs to take him down. Still, he spoke for the benefit of getting her opinion on the matter, on the idea regardless of if he would like her answer or not. She is his Beta, after all and in the end Drogon will respect what she and her parents have to say on the prospect.
Messages In This Thread
do not be afraid to destroy - by RIP Wintersbane - September 27, 2017, 03:53 PM
RE: do not be afraid to destroy - by Hydra - September 27, 2017, 04:23 PM
RE: do not be afraid to destroy - by RIP Wintersbane - September 27, 2017, 05:06 PM
RE: do not be afraid to destroy - by Hydra - September 28, 2017, 11:21 AM
RE: do not be afraid to destroy - by RIP Wintersbane - September 28, 2017, 01:47 PM
RE: do not be afraid to destroy - by Hydra - September 28, 2017, 02:53 PM
RE: do not be afraid to destroy - by RIP Wintersbane - September 28, 2017, 05:38 PM
RE: do not be afraid to destroy - by Hydra - September 28, 2017, 10:37 PM
RE: do not be afraid to destroy - by RIP Wintersbane - September 29, 2017, 03:29 AM
RE: do not be afraid to destroy - by Hydra - October 02, 2017, 11:50 AM
RE: do not be afraid to destroy - by RIP Wintersbane - October 03, 2017, 04:01 AM
RE: do not be afraid to destroy - by Hydra - October 05, 2017, 11:13 AM
RE: do not be afraid to destroy - by RIP Wintersbane - October 05, 2017, 04:32 PM
RE: do not be afraid to destroy - by Hydra - October 14, 2017, 12:36 AM
RE: do not be afraid to destroy - by RIP Wintersbane - October 14, 2017, 03:36 AM
RE: do not be afraid to destroy - by Hydra - October 27, 2017, 08:31 AM
RE: do not be afraid to destroy - by RIP Wintersbane - October 31, 2017, 04:13 AM
RE: do not be afraid to destroy - by Hydra - November 03, 2017, 10:05 AM
RE: do not be afraid to destroy - by RIP Wintersbane - November 05, 2017, 05:26 AM