Stone Circle I shall now expose my chest, don't act like you're not impressed
?
101 Posts
Ooc —
The flicker of a bushy tail taunted Burr from the top of a thick branch, and the boy scrunched up his nose in response. "Stupid squirrel!" he snapped at the tree, just loud enough that Valette might have heard him. It took him several long moments to notice the Alpha female—in fact, he was oblivious to her until she spoke, stealing his attention away from the squirrel.

He didn't know whether the distraction made him feel better or worse. On one hand, she hadn't insulted him or insinuated that he was a poor excuse for a hunter, and Valette's appearance kept him from moping over his failure. On the other hand, it was Valette, and Burr was feeling less than confident lately when it came to the pack adults. He rose up slowly, noticing with a start that the top of his head came almost up to her muzzle, then melted compliantly into a perfectly submissive posture with his tail pressed down tight against his hindquarters.

He wasn't really afraid of her anymore, Burr realized after a moment. He was much larger now, and much older; both of these facts surely contributed. He also now fully understood her reasons, and after all, she did have reasons. It wasn't the same as Murdock's uncalled for hostility, and that put him marginally more at ease, enough to answer her with, "why's it so hard?" rather than the sullen, sulky no that had threatened to part his lips a moment ago.
Messages In This Thread
RE: I shall now expose my chest, don't act like you're not impressed - by Burr - October 13, 2017, 11:29 AM