Bitterroot Valley This used to be the future
8 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Since it's been a while, I'm gonna tack a conclusion on this thread. If you bring her back and want to continue it, let me know! I'd imagine it's only a round or two from a possible stopping point anyway.

She was no longer alone. Seeing another had brought to the surface the desperation that the fawn wolf boxed up somewhere beneath. Things were lining up to actually work in her advantage, despite the scenario, and she was going to grab onto whatever positive things landed in front of her with all of her figurative teeth and claws and do her best to not let go.  Her pace quickened so they could meet closer to halfway between them.

It was a dark silver woman who came to her rescue, going from a blackish blur to someone who'd actually be recognizeable.  The odd language that came first from the stranger's maw worried her for a moment -- had she been whacked that hard or wandered that far?  No, no.  Calm down.  It was repeated in something she could understand.  I think a rock slide?  I was walking... without thinking?  I don't know where, she said, not nearly as elegantly as she otherwise would have.  Like the gaps in her memory there were gaps in her words as well, but enough of it was there that it likely made sense.  And a rock slide sounded kind of right at least... but not quite.  Either way, right now she wasn't being provided any clues to whether it was the full truth after all.

Oh, but water!  She nodded vigorously -- or started to until the muscles that ran along the back of her neck rejected that idea. Is there some near here?  Ocean too?  Had she even seen the ocean?  She was pretty sure she had come from inland areas.  She took another step, eager to get going. You're from here? As far as she was concerned, this grey wolf was an angel of luck and the pale one was quite willing to take the chance to follow her wherever she lead.

I'm... She paused.  Who was she?  It was practically on the tip of her tongue, but nothing was there. Feverishly, her eyes searched for clues around her.  Was that..?  It seemed almost right.  I'm Pebble!  Gosh, that totally escaped me for a sec there.  Sure.  Whatever.  She'd be Pebble for now.  It seemed so close..! Ugh.  Whatever.  Water.  They were pointed at water now, weren't they?  The other wolf lead the way so she could take a drink, then she was pointed towards the sea.  Pebble trundled off that way.
Messages In This Thread
This used to be the future - by Pebble - October 12, 2017, 12:46 AM
RE: This used to be the future - by Meteora - October 12, 2017, 05:39 PM
RE: This used to be the future - by Pebble - October 12, 2017, 08:29 PM
RE: This used to be the future - by Meteora - October 12, 2017, 09:32 PM
RE: This used to be the future - by Pebble - October 13, 2017, 12:34 AM